Page 252 of 817 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Murphy's Law. 80's Charles Bronson movie. I expected it to be lame but I actually enjoyed it. It's on Amazon Prime.

Started rewatching The Shield. Vic Mackey beating a pedophile with a phone book in the interrogation room brought back a bunch of fond early 2000's memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Cool thread with an animator breaking down some of the more iconic seqeunces from Akira, which turned 30 years old last week. #ifeelold

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1020372022348505088

I was never a big Akira fan personally, but the thing was a spectacular feat of animation.
    Yeah... that adaptation did the source work little justice, but the animation was an incredible feat.

On another note, the wife and I watched Get Out last night and it was pretty decent. I think it's running on HBO right now because it's on my Amazon HBO subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://fiveseasonsmovie.com/

We saw this yesterday. It was helped by the fact that we saw it in the big theater at a local art house, with a good crowd and an excellent audio system. It is an exceptionally beautiful movie and is well soundtracked. It is enjoyable for that alone.

As a portrait of an artist, it's hard not to be cynical. It's easy I think to perceive the art in what Oudolf does, but like many creatives both he and the filmmakers make too much of his significance beyond that. They (both) attempt to suggest that he's somehow doing something about the environment, which is stupid and vain.

There's also a cringeworthy part wherein he's taken to a Texas barbeque and is just aghast at the spectacle, and has some rude things to say later. I'm not sure the irony of those scenes juxtaposed with the final fete wasn't completely lost on the filmmakers, and most of the audience.

All that said, I do recommend it, especially if you have access to bad-ass home theater or better a good large screen experience.

Saw two movies this weekend:

Mamma Mia 2: it's the B side, enough said.

The Equalizer 2: has more of a Taken vibe than the "assault weapons of Home Depot" of the first one, but entertaining enough.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Been binging on Red Letter Media's* "Best of the Worst", where Mike, Jay, Rich, and others watch and rip on bad movies, or just random tapes people send that way.
    They actually got a big kick out of the old "Surviving Edged Weapons" episode.

*the channel mostly famous for the Mr. Plinkett's reviews of the "Star Wars" prequels.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ant-Man and the Wasp. Family enjoyed it - good summer superhero fare.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Just got back from The Equalizer 2. Slower pace than the first but not frustrating, there's a lot of tension through most of it. Has more of a mystery vibe plus a couple of side plots but all of it very solid. A few small moments of cringworthy gun handling but not much. All wrapped up in a nice ending. Thumbs up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Been binging on Red Letter Media's* "Best of the Worst", where Mike, Jay, Rich, and others watch and rip on bad movies, or just random tapes people send that way.
    They actually got a big kick out of the old "Surviving Edged Weapons" episode.

Hey, I HAVE that film on VHS, got it almost thirty years ago.
    It's meant to be a sort of training film.

Yeah, the caveman part at the beginning is hokey and production values are low, but it's not intended as a joke.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    New Godzilla movie trailer. Looks cool: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/godzill...to-awesome-fan

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Started the second season of Luke Cage on Netflix. Reg E. Cathey feels perfect for Luke's father (I didn't know that he sadly died just recently - I liked his work), but everyone else on the cast just feels kind of forced.

Is the series any good? I thought the first season was amusing enough to watch the whole thing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List