Page 382 of 819 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    John Wick 3 - I enjoyed the previous films. This one was stupid for many, many reasons. The plot for one. The gun fights, usually fun, were stupid. I am sick of the superninjas who win every fight without even one casuality. Even Halle Berry was wasted. The technical gun details were stupid. I was amused that the host of the American Iron Chef show became super combatant against Wick.

Just one of the myriad stupidities. Ninja stabbing in the train station - and no one notices? Great how everyone uses the same handgun, so you can just pick up mags off the ground.

Wick 4 - will wait till it is on some free outlet.

Banned

Quantum Leap MIA

Sam leaps into an undercover cop in San Diego and Al tells him he's there to stop a woman from meeting the man who she will eventually leave her MIA husband (who she thinks is dead) to marry. As the episode progresses Sam realizes that the MIA husband is Al.

I think it was one of the best episodes they ever did

Site Supporter
    Watched Operation Finale on Amazon Prime -- a pretty good story on the Eichmann capture from Argentina. It's not an outstanding movie, but it had a good performance by Ben Kingsley. The story was compelling enough for me to watch the movie all the way through (sort of a rarity these days).

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Another Life (Netflix)

What was supposed to be a science fiction series about first contact with an alien intelligence turned out to be extremely poorly written soap opera in space. We could not finish even the first episode, it was so bad. Do not waste your time with this garbage.
    Watched the whole thing, enjoyed it much more when I thought of it as a trashy parody of standard SF shows, with a few interesting ideas thrown in. Katee Sackoff and the guy playing the ship's computer are the only performances that really impressed me. I won't cry if there is no Season Two.

Started a re-watch of Twin Peaks, but now I am waiting for the box set to come out next month that has all the TV seasons in one set. Looking foward to season three, not dumb enough to expect too many loose threads to be satisfyingly wrapped up.

The Boys was fun, looking forward to season two.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Indy5000 View Post
    We knocked out Bosch Season 2 in a week. Love Titus Williver in this role. Rockin a 1911 and two spare mags OWB in Kydex.
    I finally got around to pretty much binge watching Season 6 of Bosch- It was not disappointing! But a little short (10 episodes),obviously setting the plate for Season 7.

Just wondering, anyone know for sure what make holster and magazine carrier is Bosch using? AND, where's the LE Tech Advisor, with Bosch carrying clearly a RH shooter double mag carrier, but with the mags in backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    I finally got around to pretty much binge watching Season 6 of Bosch- It was not disappointing! But a little short (10 episodes),obviously setting the plate for Season 7.

Just wondering, anyone know for sure what make holster and magazine carrier is Bosch using? AND, where's the LE Tech Advisor, with Bosch carrying clearly a RH shooter double mag carrier, but with the mags in backwards?
    Yeah, several of us have been wondering for a few years about some of the technical issues and procedures. Still a good show and fairly faithful to the stories it's adapted from.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post

Bosch could use an injection of Taran Butler, stat. I cringe whenever guns come out on that show. Hell, most p-f members would be able to clean up Titus Welliver in an afternoon. Let's start with the basics...here is how you wear a holster and mag pouches. Next, we can progress to grip...he's got this weird finger in the trigger guard, thumbs all over thing going on...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Started re-watching the original Magnum, PI and I'm struck at how much better the writing and acting is compared to similar shows - those of its time, and definitely those that try to be like it in the modern era. Given the premise and basic episode synopses, it could have been a much weaker show. It's not The Wire, but it solidly punches above its weight class. JM2C.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Started re-watching the original Magnum, PI and I'm struck at how much better the writing and acting is compared to similar shows - those of its time, and definitely those that try to be like it in the modern era. Given the premise and basic episode synopses, it could have been a much weaker show. It's not The Wire, but it solidly punches above its weight class. JM2C.
    It's really hard to watch the reboot, but my son enjoys it, so I endure it.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It's really hard to watch the reboot, but my son enjoys it, so I endure it.
    Well, it is the only version he knows, so...

User Tag List