Page 814 of 820 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,140 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Roadhouse :

I didn't feel like I was
    two hours closer to being dead with nothing to show for it.

Kinda like sex.

Still haven't finished Roadhouse... I'm still regrouping after seeing McGregors naked ass.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Could not get into 3 Body Problem. If sci fi is sufficiently detached from reality, details don't really matter. This show kept trying to hook into the real world in various ways and it killed my suspension of disbelief every time - my brain couldn't help but say, "It doesn't work that way...." There's also some odd casting decisions, the way characters react to certain things doesn't feel organic, and major plot elements are drawn from other material.

It has high production values and some good creepy moments, so if you can turn your brain off, it might still be worth a try.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I keep trying watch a documentary on the Armstrong 100 ton gun, a muzzle loader for ships. However, I fall asleep after a few minutes and never finish it.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Could not get into 3 Body Problem. If sci fi is sufficiently detached from reality, details don't really matter. This show kept trying to hook into the real world in various ways and it killed my suspension of disbelief every time - my brain couldn't help but say, "It doesn't work that way...." There's also some odd casting decisions, the way characters react to certain things doesn't feel organic, and major plot elements are drawn from other material.

It has high production values and some good creepy moments, so if you can turn your brain off, it might still be worth a try.
    curious to know if you read the book?

I did, and I recall that I loved it and couldn't put it down, despite being largely confused much of the time, but unable to get into the sequel (prequal? IDK) book at all.

haven't watched the show yet. Hoping for a "wife and kids are gone for days, home alone with the dogs" situation to binge it.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    curious to know if you read the book?
    I'm afraid I have not read the book(s), so I can't make a comparison.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Anybody watching any of the Walking Dead spin offs, I haven’t seen any. The original was good for about the first three seasons, then it went down hill fast. I use to watch it with my son, then stopped a few episodes into season 9. I did watch the last two episodes of the final season just to see how it ended. Wow did it ever turn into a woke pile of trash.

Favorite Characters on the show.

Negan…come on he was by far the best
    Morgan
    Abraham
    Dwight
    Simon

Least favorite…always hoped they’d be zombie food.

Maggie
    Gabriel

Hotties

Rosita
    Sasha
    Laurie…the savior, not Ricks wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Walking Dead

Hotties

Rosita
    I didn't watch much, if any, of Walking Dead family of shows, but since I have two daughters that are around 30, I know this actress as either

Susie Crabgrass from "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405576..._flmg_t_16_act

or as

Angela from the "Twilight" series of movies https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212..._flmg_t_15_act

Site Supporter
    Three Body problem.
    Name:  Body.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  11.8 KB

It's been covered here and I don't have much to ad. The only thing I will say is that the first couple of episodes are completely disconnected from the end.

"The Resident"
    Name:  Resident.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  17.7 KB

The spousal unit and I have been binging it for the last couple of weeks. It started out decent with good character developement and compelling storylines. There were certainly woke elements, but I was able to just ignore them and enjoy the rest of the show. Sadly it started leaning more and more left with every episode. Going into season 6 (the last one, and I think I see why) they completely lost their way and the whole show was nothing more than a liberal woke rant.

The Signal
    Name:  Signal.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  11.5 KB

Meh. English dubbed German film about a rich Indian lady who funds a European space program. I suspect it was making a lot of comment about the relationship between European and middle eastern countries. I'm not familiar enough with the landscape to understand, or be offended by it. I wouldn't pass up a good movie for it, but it wasn't a complete waste of time.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 04-05-2024 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Anybody watching any of the Walking Dead spin offs, I haven’t seen any. The original was good for about the first three seasons, then it went down hill fast. I use to watch it with my son, then stopped a few episodes into season 9. I did watch the last two episodes of the final season just to see how it ended. Wow did it ever turn into a woke pile of trash.

Favorite Characters on the show.

Negan…come on he was by far the best
    Morgan
    Abraham
    Dwight
    Simon

Least favorite…always hoped they’d be zombie food.

Maggie
    Gabriel

Hotties

Rosita
    Sasha
    Laurie…the savior, not Ricks wife.
    Where’s Daryl?.

Site Supporter
    Ricky Stanicky was hysterical. It's really stupid and there were some bits that fell flat, but John Cena was insanely funny. He's become one of my favorite actors. I laughed my ass off and overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

User Tag List