Page 215 of 817 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched the movie - Vertigo last night with the wife. Classic Jimmy Stewart.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Guess I’m up again- a cop classic- In the Heat of the Night. Outstanding movie with great actors. The movie makes some pretty bold statements on race relations fifty years ago. Nothing disgusts me more than discrimination of any kind.

Good plot, I didn’t figure out the guilty party until the end.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

My wife forced us into watching "the greatest showman" today. It's a decent little family flick. Positive, upbeat, happy ending, well done music and choreography if that's your thing. I've known a lot of guys say they've watched to 2-3 times together as a family.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Lost in Space. I'm going to buck the trend. I thought it enjoyable light fare. The heroes are self-reliant. There are grey characters who are neither evil nor heroes. Some characters express a dislike for weapons/violence and others disagree. Violence is used for both noble and ignoble ends. I was somewhat disappointed that humanity's greed is the root of humanity's problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On Facebook, Dr. William Aprill recently recommended "We Need To Talk About Kevin" because it's now available on Amazon Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by From IMDB
    Kevin's mother struggles to love her strange child, despite the increasingly dangerous things he says and does as he grows up. But Kevin is just getting started, and his final act will be beyond anything anyone imagined.
    This is certainly not a popcorn flick, as you might imagine. It's an incredibly dark and fascinating film that's well acted and directed. 5/5.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Atomic Blonde:
    Watched it on the flight over to London. Not a great film per se, but between taking place in Berlin of the late 80s (backdrop is the protests leading to the Wall coming down) and the music, it was a trip through nostalgia for this child of the 70s and 80s (I was in HS when the wall came down). If your too young to remember those times and the music doesn't appeal to you, skip it.

Chris

On Plane movies.... I watch Me, Earl and the Dying Girl. Really great film. I think it is a few years old though. Pretty good slice of life, hits home with the cancer theme.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Atomic Blonde:
    Watched it on the flight over to London. Not a great film per se, but between taking place in Berlin of the late 80s (backdrop is the protests leading to the Wall coming down) and the music, it was a trip through nostalgia for this child of the 70s and 80s (I was in HS when the wall came down). If your too young to remember those times and the music doesn't appeal to you, skip it.

Chris
    HBO & Cine Max were a complementary offering this weekend ( DIRECTV)
    Westworld new season was a fairly entertaining piece. That's after watching some old episodes earlier in the day.(single action Colts. #1)
    Had to take a few pauses & breaks in the "marathon". Had to watch the Pgh. Penguins flatten the Phlyers. (HeHe)
    Last edited by Matt Helm; 04-23-2018 at 06:32 AM.
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Just finished binge watching (which for us, means took about three weeks) BBC's Sherlock, on Netflix. I thought it was surprisingly well done. Plus, I love the Bilbo & Smaug reunion...

Of course, some of it is overdone, but if you're a Sherlock Holmes fan, it's worth a try.
    The fourth series of episodes (seasons doesn't fit, as they're more than a year apart) jumped the shark. IMO.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
    Had to watch the Pgh. Penguins flatten the Phlyers. (HeHe)
    My sister would agree with that sentiment. (She lives in Pgh.)

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List