Page 61 of 820 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched The Huntsman, DVD off the Redbox.

Meh. It was not my pick. Apparently it is some Fantasy series continuation, but I'd have to summon the energy to go Google the movie. Unfortunately it wasn't that good a film.

The best part was two Scots Dwarves, male and female, who insulted each other with typical Glaswegian enthusiasm. (I am not making this up.)

1 out of 5.

Seige of Jadotville - on Netflix , was very good
    <Matthew 10:28>

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    One of my favorite shows that was cancelled was Copper. Bought the series on Blue Ray, and added 4 seasons of Ripper Street. Ripper Street has been a fun show. Now that I am not watching things like the NFL, or cable news I am enjoying a lot of the BBC type series.
    Try Happy Valley on Netflix. Police series from the U.K. Bleak, intense. It sorts of reminds you of that sense of despair that grasps communities in the US, where life is hard, choices are not abundant but drugs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Magnificent Seven, the re-remake. And yes, I did. Pretty light on the moralizing, heavy on the gunplay.

“I seek righteousness, as should we all. But I’ll take revenge."
    So, I went to see some movie with my nephew and the trailer for The Magnificent Seven came on. He said, "Is that a sequel to The Hateful Eight?"

I loaned him the DVD for the original.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm about halfway through How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. It's pretty great so far. Also caught "Super" with Rainn Wilson again last night. It's basically a guy who becomes a costumed crime-fighter where his super power is bashing people in the head with a pipe wrench. I like it.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    I watched The Infiltrator last night. It had some good intensity, but there were some hollywood moments (like the finale) that made it hard to suspend disbelief.

Sounds like the base story about Robert Mazur would be an interesting read, though.

"Now You See Me 2" on the Redbox.

1 out of 5.

It has all the same lame magical misdirections and teenager-level plot twists as the original, with the addition of Daniel Radcliffe as the eeeeeeevil son of Michael Caine's character. I mean, Harry Potter? Really?

I'm not even sure it was worth the buck fiddy we paid to rent it.

Site Supporter
    Went to see The Accountant last week and enjoyed it more than I expected to.

Re-watched Fargo Season 2 this weekend. Love that series.

I am watching "The Strain". Pretty good re-telling of the vampire genre. Re-watching the original Mission Impossible series/Rockford Files (grew up watching these series).
    Last edited by FrankinCA; 10-23-2016 at 11:46 AM.

User Tag List