Page 411 of 819 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The new Wonder Woman trailer is out. Looks good. Check out the scene where she seems to grab the slide of a semi at superspeed, eject the round and swat it away. Doesn't make sense unless it was the last round but fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Because otherwise Wonder Woman would be totally believable, amirite?
    Gal Gadot was an Israeli Army drill sergeant, so maybe it wasn't F/X...?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    For reasons which escape me, HH6 watches the new Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI.
    And eventually, the new Magnum PI will feature it's take on "Ivan, did you see the sunrise...?"
    Last edited by Drang; 12-14-2019 at 12:54 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Watch "6 Underground" new on Netflix. Best movie for stuntmen employment figures in ages.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 12-14-2019 at 02:02 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

We watched"The Irishman" yesterday.
    While I never was a big fan of DeNiro, but it was very well done. Pacino as Hoffa was a good fit. Pesci is always great in this genre.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Watch "6 Underground" new on Netflix. Best movie for stuntmen employment figures in ages.

Watched it last night. Since it's a Michael Bay movie, there are a lot of fiery explosions and implausible action. I had hoped for more Ryan Reynolds wisecracks...a la Deadpool...and there were a few. Just not enough.

It is graphically violent enough to be like a big entertaining cartoon. Adria Arjona is nice to look at....kind of a Michelle Rodriguez with the odometer rolled back. Lior Raz was quite good, although I prefer him in a good guy role (like Fauda).

So, my opinion is that it's entertaining and fun to watch, but it's pretty forgettable.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Watched it last night. Since it's a Michael Bay movie, there are a lot of fiery explosions and implausible action. I had hoped for more Ryan Reynolds wisecracks...a la Deadpool...and there were a few. Just not enough.

It is graphically violent enough to be like a big entertaining cartoon. Adria Arjona is nice to look at....kind of a Michelle Rodriguez with the odometer rolled back. Lior Raz was quite good, although I prefer him in a good guy role (like Fauda).

So, my opinion is that it's entertaining and fun to watch, but it's pretty forgettable.

Rosco
    I've never seen a movie where the stunt coordinator did such a detailed job of filming people flying out of cars. The scene where the dudes hit the wall was like, " WAIT, What!? " Then the, it's a baby !!!, it's a doggie!!! Was a giggle. It's not high-theater but it is charmingly absurd.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I'm thinking that most of you wouldn't like A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, but I thought it was a sweet movie. Tom Hanks did a bang-up job.

About the movie and the original story.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-14-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm thinking that most of you wouldn't like A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, but I thought it was a sweet movie. Tom Hanks did a bang-up job.

I finally watched "The Mule" today. I thought it was great. It was less about running drugs than it was about life priorities, lost time, and the inevitability of regrets. I recall a friend complaining about it when he saw it in a theater. He was disappointed that "Clint didn't even SHOOT anyone". Well, that's true.

I like films that have a good story, well told. I'll watch the Mr. Rogers movie when it comes to streaming. I'm pretty sure it'll be good...and I'm pretty sure Mr. Rogers won't shoot anyone.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    I finally watched "The Mule" today. "Clint didn't even SHOOT anyone"
    In that movie I think Clint was just trying not to GET shot

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

About the movie and the original story.
    I heartily agree. I was Fred Rogers’ target audience in the early 1970’s.
    It’s a great movie. I found myself thinking about it in my daily life for the couple of weeks after seeing it.

Highly recommended for those open to thinking about how to be a better person.

User Tag List