Page 594 of 812 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604644694 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Watched Bumblbee, a Transformers movie - shoot me. Actually wasn't bad. The others were stupid. There were a few plot holes. Like do Special Forces Hummers drive around with two 50 BMG flanking what looks like a harpoon gun from an old whaler? For what? Land whales. But an amusing morning.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Anyone with HBO Max seen this? We don't presently have an HBO subscription, but this seems like the sort of thing you can't not see.

"Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Godzilla v. Kong

Plot makes no sense. The military stuff is flawed. However, the graphics are pretty good and it is mindless fun.

As a movie with a point to make, the original Gojira has more impact. Wouldn't go to a theater to see it but it comes with my cable package.

Site Supporter
    Watched Southland again.

The more I re-watch it, the more I am frustrated I am by how great it could have been.

They shouldn't have made everyone so screwed up, should have focused 98% on patrol (there are enough detective shows), and had less drama. My belief is that people would appreciate a show that had competent, non corrupt, squared away crime fighters. Maybe we don't need a repeat of Malloy and Reed, but I prefer something closer to them than how screwed up the cast got.

More Dewey would have been great. Sherman not going dirt bag insane and never bring back Lucy Liu, the most annoying cast member in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Godzilla v. Kong

Plot makes no sense. The military stuff is flawed. However, the graphics are pretty good and it is mindless fun.

As a movie with a point to make, the original Gojira has more impact. Wouldn't go to a theater to see it but it comes with my cable package.
    Did you watch it on HBO? I really want to see this, but not sure about dealing with the theaters during the plague. Also don’t feel like going $15 a month for HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Watched Southland again.

The more I re-watch it, the more I am frustrated I am by how great it could have been.

They shouldn't have made everyone so screwed up, should have focused 98% on patrol (there are enough detective shows), and had less drama. My belief is that people would appreciate a show that had competent, non corrupt, squared away crime fighters. Maybe we don't need a repeat of Malloy and Reed, but I prefer something closer to them than how screwed up the cast got.

Yeah, but it was still an entertaining surprise the one time I watched it. So many modern movie efforts are just crap.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Did you watch it on HBO? I really want to see this, but not sure about dealing with the theaters during the plague. Also don’t feel like going $15 a month for HBO.
    I don't know if it is worth going to a theater. I wouldn't add HBO just for it. I have HBO as part of my cable/internet/phone package. I'm not adding a bunch of different services for just a show or two. I wonder if that model is viable. Netflix is the one we have over the cable package and it has lots of weird interesting things when I'm bored.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Yeah, but it was still an entertaining surprise the one time I watched it. So many modern movie efforts are just crap.

Oh yeah you’re right. I’m so hard to please tv and movie was, it shows you how good it had to be just to get someone like me to pay attention.

The attention to detail was excellent. The way the duty gear was worn, the types of holsters and even guns carried.

Now the type of movie I usually watch but this had some pretty funny moments. I thought @BehindBlueI’s would like this since they are his people.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Now the type of movie I usually watch but this had some pretty funny moments. I thought @BehindBlueI’s would like this since they are his people.

The concept was hilarious, but it started to drag on a bit. They also get to serious toward the end.

User Tag List