Page 570 of 812 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    “Manhunt - UNABOM”

Story of how they tracked down Ted Kaczynski.

8 episodes, all about 45 mins.

Fantastic series
    Unfortunately the next season “Deadly Games” which purports to be about how they tracked down Eric Rudolph is a largely fictionalized account. It both misrepresents the factual portions and includes many completely made up characters and events including depicting an attempted IED attack on the FBI and two murders committed by Rudolph while on the run which never happened.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-28-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Just watched Shutter Island. I'd never seen it. Pretty good movie, held my interest.

Each night before I go to bed I watch two episodes of the Cisco Kid on Amazon Prime. Pretty cheesy, but I enjoy the artifacts of simpler days. Blew through Car 54 Where Are You? too quickly, really enjoyed that one.
    The book, "Shutter Island" was much better than the movie, which both my wife and myself found wanting on many levels. If you haven't read the book, I'd recommend it.

The "Cisco Kid", O'Henry's 'Robin Hood of the West', was one of my favorites as a kid. "Oh Pancho...Oh, Cisco!" "Car 54" was great too...but especially the Cisco Kid.

Good stuff, Dan.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I watched a couple of episodes of Flipper on the tv the other morning. While the story lines were meh, it was still kind of cool. I enjoyed it being filmed on location in a Florida that was less developed than I’ll ever know. I also like that it was cool to have a tv show about 12 and 13 year old kids cruising all over the place alone in their own boat solving problems and helping people.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The "Cisco Kid", O'Henry's 'Robin Hood of the West', was one of my favorites as a kid. "Oh Pancho...Oh, Cisco!"
    Yup. Watched many of those serialized shows on WGN as a kid in Chicago.

Don't forget The Lone Ranger with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels, and The Adventures of Robin Hood with Richard Greene.

Modern kids are too "sophisticated" to enjoy 'em. Too bad.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I was afraid I was the only one who remembered the Cisco Kid, LOL Certainly seems that way talking with those of my generation, although things like HR Puffin stuff, seem to be remembered.

Watched Evil Genius, the pizza bomber story. I remember the news when it happened, and never thought they solved it. Looks like they figured it out (who), but could really never prove it. Watched on Christmas day, because it was the farthest thing from a Christmas show.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unfortunately the next season “Deadly Games” which purports to be about how they tracked down Eric Rudolph is a largely fictionalized account. It both misrepresents the factual portions and includes many completely made up characters and events including depicting an attempted IED attack on the FBI and two murders committed by Rudolph while on the run which never happened.
    Thanks for the heads up

The wife and I watched Tombstone for maybe the 10000000000th time. It’s such a fun Western and IMO second only to Unforgiven for the past two decades in western movies.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

WW84 is absolute crap. Between the SJW garbage, the horrible plot, the bad acting, the "use your words" conflict resolution, the inability to generate any suspension of disbelief...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The book, "Shutter Island" was much better than the movie, which both my wife and myself found wanting on many levels. If you haven't read the book, I'd recommend it.

The "Cisco Kid", O'Henry's 'Robin Hood of the West', was one of my favorites as a kid. "Oh Pancho...Oh, Cisco!"
    RE: Shutter Island, I generally try to stay away from sci-fi or suspense, so I might take a pass.

RE: The Cisco Kid I get where they get 'here's adventure' but I'll be darned if I have found the 'here's romance' much less robbing from the rich to give to the poor.

I watched the two season British version of Utopia on Prime from 2013 I believe.

Interesting how much of the story line could be playing out in real time now.

I found it better than Amazon's new version.

User Tag List