Page 434 of 812 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I had a completely different interpretation of that film. To me it was more about how the media can turn someone who is really quite deluded and pathetic into "a leader" for a "movement."

There was a whole lot going on in the film besides "boo hoo, weep for Arthur."

E.g., I don't think it's any accident that the "celebration dance" for the Joker was set to the hit song of a guy who is most well known as a pedophile now.

The movie effectively made the Joker's insanity pretty questionable as well. He may have grandiose inner visions, but by the end of the film, it's pretty clear he knows the visions didn't happen, and he knows the difference between doing good and evil. He chooses evil because it feels good, and powerful. (It would be easy to see the film as a pretty harsh critique on feeling "empowered.")

The brilliance of the film is that it is a great mirror for whatever beliefs people bring into it. Folks all over the political spectrum despise it because they think it embodies, glorifies, and justifies whatever they see as evil. I saw it as a primer on how evil takes root, and spreads. By the end of the film, I had no more sympathy for this Joker than the Heath Leger version. (And no sympathy for the rioters at all, however the elites screwed Gotham.)

It showed the fertile soil in which evil grows in a society, and that fertile soil is way more complex than "bad people are bad." But this film is full of explanations, not excuses for evil.
    Right. My takeaway, which I posted a few weeks ago, is that Arthur Fleck is a completely delusional nutjob. So the Joker persona reveled in the riots and violence that were portrayed, I thought, as not a good thing. If they even happened at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished the current season (2) of Narcos: Mexico. Overall I think they did a good job laying out the story and timeline of the events in Mexico and Colombia. The interplay between "Pacho" Herrera and Felix Gallardo was very well done.

These events coincided with the time frame during which I lateraled over and transferred to Miami to work narcotics and money laundering primarily related to the Colombian cartels out of Medellin and Cali.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Watched both the Irishman and Parasite this past long weekend. I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood when it came out and thought it quite good. Brad Pitt did a masterful job as the sidekick with a very interesting past.

The Irishman was solid, though a bit long and had already " been done" with some of the same principals.

Parasite on the other hand, was much more novel in every way relative to any film I have seen in memory. After seeing it, I am not at all surprised that it did so well at the Oscars to include winning Best Film. Best International Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay.

IMHO, the fact that the Academy could have split the baby re awarding it Best International Film and awarding Best Film to one of the others and did not attests to its superiority over the field.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Finished the current season (2) of Narcos: Mexico. Overall I think they did a good job laying out the story and timeline of the events in Mexico and Colombia. The interplay between "Pacho" Herrera and Felix Gallardo was very well done.

These events coincided with the time frame during which I lateraled over and transferred to Miami to work narcotics and money laundering primarily related to the Colombian cartels out of Medellin and Cali.
    Thanks for reminding me to start watching this show. Damn. Mrs. Anders and I are hooked.😁
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    The Democratic Debate. I think it is a limited series. I like how they kill off characters, kind of like the Walking Dead. Good makeup to achieve the geezer / zombie look. Interesting new geezer introduced tonight.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 02-20-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone watched the El Chapo series on Netflix?

How does it compare to Narcos?

I watched "Midsommer" on Prime yesterday. I think it might be the worst and stupidest movie I've EVER seen. It is long, with useless boring sequences that serve no purpose.

I've been enjoying the series "Briarpatch" on USA network. It's a bit evocative of the Cohn brothers.

Rosco

It wasn't the last, but we watched "How To Be A Latin Lover" on Netflix and laughed our butts off.

I enjoyed "Knives Out" -- enough twists and turns to be interesting without becoming convoluted.

"Parasite" was interesting in presentation, but the SJW classism greatly detracted from the story.

Gave up on "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" - it wasn't awful, but after 45 minutes I just didn't care enough to see where it went.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Season 2 of Altered Carbon is live.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List