Page 634 of 819 FirstFirst ... 134534584624632633634635636644684734 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    In case anyone was wondering, SAS: Rise of the Black Swan is indeed a very, very dumb movie.
    +1 Outlander Dude was a poor fit for Military/Action leading man and the writing was just as bad is was predictable. I would rather Tom Hopper, the guy who played his BFF that (spoiler, not so much) turned out to be the traitor (also played Billy Bones on Black Sales) in that role.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I've read a few Andy McNab books and listened to him on Jack Carr's podcast just the other day. Learned of the SAS movie and gave it a try...tapped out early, doesn't sound like I need to revisit the matter.

Anyone watching Ted Lasso on Appletv?

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie Kate on Netflix. Yes, it's yet another female John Wick movie, but this one was done much better than some of the others. Sure, in the movie a female (anti-) heroine still kicks about half the Yakuza's asses, but she never seems like some sort of unstoppable super hero. (And bonus points for being the rarest of movies - one with a decent sword fight!) Yes, the whole movie is still pretty absurd if you accidentally power on a brain cell while watching the movie (flashlights do not work like that... ) but like I said, it's a female John Wick movie - it's not like the originals were realistic.

If you like the genre, I'd recommend giving this one a try

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the movie Kate on Netflix. Yes, it's yet another female John Wick movie, but this one was done much better than some of the others. Sure, in the movie a female (anti-) heroine still kicks about half the Yakuza's asses, but she never seems like some sort of unstoppable super hero. (And bonus points for being the rarest of movies - one with a decent sword fight!) Yes, the whole movie is still pretty absurd if you accidentally power on a brain cell while watching the movie (flashlights do not work like that... ) but like I said, it's a female John Wick movie - it's not like the originals were realistic.

If you like the genre, I'd recommend giving this one a try
    Thanks for the recommend. Just got done watching this. I’ve liked Mary E Winstead since Die Hard 4, and Woods Harelson rarely disappoints.

Agree about the flashlight, especially since it was unnecessary. She was with her handler in the scene prior, so she should have had access to anything she needed. I gave it a pass though. My biggest problem was the brief car chase which felt cartoony. A good time if you like that genre, which I do.

Wish I'd read the reviews about 'Kate' before I watched The Wrath of Man...just fekkin awful. I knew there was a newish Jason Statham movie I hadn't seen, then I caught that it was a Guy Ritchie film and I thought just maybe it was a hidden gem that had slipped through in cracks this summer. Nope, it was just so bad that nobody wanted to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Several of us enjoy it. In fact, if I ever meet someone who watches TL and doesn't like it, my antenna will be up as I assume those kind of people don't like dogs or beer either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Yep! All of the benefits of British writing without the British humor 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Watching Titans today. I’m a couple of episodes in. I’m liking it so far. Fits with the darker/grittier vein we’ve seen in some comic book movies and such in recent years. Plus Robin is a badass, which is kinda weird/cool.

My kids watched the animated Teen Titans Go a few years ago, and I saw a few episodes with them, so I’m vaguely familiar with the less well known characters in the show.

Titans, however, is NOT for kids on any level.
    Hlafway, I think, through Season 3.

One thing that's pretty awesome about this show is the music selection. Buzcocks, and such, and then during a sequence of breaking a woman out of a facility...

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    “The Death of Stalin”

I was not that interested when I first heard about the movie a while back, thinking I don’t want to watch a bunch of evil dudes vie for power. Then I stumbled on a trailer for it and realized it was a (very) black comedy that while it had roots in the reality of what it happened, the movie turns the ridiculousness up a bunch of notches. Steve Buscemi as Kruschev is excellent, as is Michael Palin as Molotov, but the movie is totally stolen by Jason Issacs as Zhukov. Every second he’s on the screen it’s awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I think Jason Isaacs is underrated. I loved him in both "Case Histories" and "Awake."
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686844/

So fucking funny. I forgot about this one. We were in tears, IIRC.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List