Page 621 of 819 FirstFirst ... 121521571611619620621622623631671721 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been rewatching HBO’s Rome. I hadn’t seen it in years and can’t actually remember if I originally watched the entirety of the second season to begin with. I’m enjoying it. I can’t say how accurate the little details about ancient Roman society and culture actually are though. My only knowledge of the actual events the show is based on comes from having listened to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History episodes about the period (Death Throes of the Republic). It’s definitely making me want to listen to that series again.
    THIRTEEN!!!

Laying around the house past three weeks from a surgery - swear I have watched TV more on some days (sometimes 12 hours) than I do in a month. Here’s some of the recent ones:

Both fun ones on Roku:
    Alfred Hitchcock show (currently on the 30 minute episodes)
    Relic Hunter series

Movies:
    The Island (iffy 1980 film with Michael Caine)
    Master and Commander Far Side of the World (fantastic)
    Last Man Standing (ok brutal action film with Bruce Willis)
    Fantastic Voyage (1967 film - saw it on TV as a kid in the mid-70s, fun)
    Breakdown (cool suspense film with Kurt Russell)
    Total Recall (awesome)
    The Thing (2011 version - ok but added nothing to the 80s classic)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vsdtrek View Post
    Laying around the house past three weeks from a surgery - swear I have watched TV more on some days (sometimes 12 hours) than I do in a month. Here’s some of the recent ones:

The 60s version was the classic!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The 60s version was the classic!
    Absolutely love that one too!

Couple of movies:

Lone Ranger, the one with Johnny Depp in it. Pretty much consists of Johnny Depp acting like an indian version of Captain Jack Sparrow. Girlfriend kept laughing hysterically, so I guess it was a pretty funny movie? Honestly, I got kind of distracted by her laughing so much, so I don't know... Some funny bits in that movie for sure.

The Magnificent Seven, 2016 version. I tried to count how many times this exact same story has been told in a movie format but lost track, so needless to say there's really nothing new here. Still, I thought it was a pretty good western. This world needs more westerns. Glad they made this one.

Jane Wick, er, I mean, Gunpowder Milkshake. All female group of hired killers piles up a stack of corpses. Very, very stupid movie. More of a cartoonish style of violence compared to John Wick movies. Great cinematography. The good guys are all an appropriately ethnically diverse mix of ladies and all the bad guys are of course all white men. Still, if you can look past that the movie is pretty good utterly mindless entertainment.

Site Supporter
    Good Omens on Prime. Based on a novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Prattchet. A comedy where the switch of babies for the AntiChrist as in the Omen with Damien, goes wrong in a humorous manner for Heaven and Hell. Dr. Who - David Tennant plays an amusing demon.

Liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been rewatching HBO’s Rome. I hadn’t seen it in years and can’t actually remember if I originally watched the entirety of the second season to begin with. I’m enjoying it. I can’t say how accurate the little details about ancient Roman society and culture actually are though. My only knowledge of the actual events the show is based on comes from having listened to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History episodes about the period (Death Throes of the Republic). It’s definitely making me want to listen to that series again.
    Of possible interest:

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Of possible interest:

Thanks. I’ll check those out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by vsdtrek View Post

Both fun ones on Roku:
    Alfred Hitchcock show (currently on the 30 minute episodes)
    Relic Hunter series

Movies:
    The Island (iffy 1980 film with Michael Caine)
    Master and Commander Far Side of the World (fantastic)
    Last Man Standing (ok brutal action film with Bruce Willis)
    Fantastic Voyage (1967 film - saw it on TV as a kid in the mid-70s, fun)
    Breakdown (cool suspense film with Kurt Russell)
    Total Recall (awesome)
    Hate to say it but thought Master and Commander Far Side of the World was kind of meh. Particularly I thought Maturin was missing some of his essential character. If you haven't read them though, the books are up there in my all time favorites. Just know, if you start them, they're addictive and run for 21 novels...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0393541584...CWF99CBNE2ECBE
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Hate to say it but thought Master and Commander Far Side of the World was kind of meh. Particularly I thought Maturin was missing some of his essential character. If you haven't read them though, the books are up there in my all time favorites. Just know, if you start them, they're addictive and run for 21 novels...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0393541584...CWF99CBNE2ECBE
    Right now, as long as it has solid action, it works. After watching, I looked it up on Wikipedia (so it has to be true!) and learned about the books and some of the differences. I certainly have a lot of free time for reading, so I may have to add them to the list. I was going to read the original Conan books just for kicks.

User Tag List