Page 498 of 819 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    This thread must be rescued from Page 3.
    Knives Out
    Free on Amazon Prime
    4/5
    Darkly-comic two-for-the-price-of-one whodunit with ensemble cast. Taking a point off for not having any truly stellar performances, although it was not poorly-acted. Truth be told, it really didn't have any flaws, but neither was it truly great.
    I forgot about this one, and wanted to see it in theaters. I mean, James Bond, Sonny Crocket, and Laurie Strode? I'm in!!

Beyond the Reach
    Free on Amazon Prime
    4/5
    Michael Douglas and Some Pretty 20-Something Guy go on a not-quite-legal hunting trip. Trip goes wrong in a hurry. Great cinematic views of the desert. Even better is Douglas' Mercedes Benz G63 AMG 6x6.
    Based on your recommendation, I'll add this to my list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Red Sparrow. A young woman(JLaw bringing it) is coerced into becoming a Russian "Sparrow" agent. Pretty women and men who are taught to to use sex as an espionage weapon. Dark and brutal so damn good.
    @feudist

Check out the books in that series if you haven't already. Pretty good reads for that genre, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Watch the Girls und Panzer series, after watching the movies. It's weird but fun. Girls in high school having tank battles for a martial art with a mixture of tanks from all eras. Those tanks are really fast and maneuverable. The girls drive like race car pros. Nothing like a WWI tank crashing on top of a modern one, to jam its turret.

Out of sheer boredom I have been going down the list of movies on Prime from reelgood.com .

Here are two sci-fi-ish type movies that were worth the watch.

Annihilation

https://reelgood.com/movie/annihilation-2018

Coherence

https://reelgood.com/movie/coherence-2013

Couldn't think of what to watch last night so started watching "Mr. Robot" on amazon prime. I thought it was going to be about some kind of android previously, so always passed it by.

First couple of episodes have been interesting. Not sure if it's going to have staying power, but I'm somewhat intrigued about where it's going.

Also, we had enjoyed the first couple of seasons The Chi on Showtime, but this season has put an end to that quickly. I don't know WTF they were thinking when they aired this crap for the new season. Terrible...and I mean awful.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We're always on the look out for fun movies that we can have on in the background on a rainy weekend day while the 3.5yr old son plays throughout the downstairs. We watched My Spy, a new original movie from Amazon Prime and chuckled a quite a bit at Dave Bautista being Dave Bautista.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I forgot about this one, and wanted to see it in theaters. I mean, James Bond, Sonny Crocket, and Laurie Strode? I'm in!!
    Definitely. I enjoyed my time with it. If you like it, you might also try Logan Lucky.

Based on your recommendation, I'll add this to my list as well.
    My recent viewing was a second-spin. I do not think it will disappoint, although I sorta felt the characterization was kind've lopsided. I think my standards for really recommending anything are kinda high. I do wish it was presented in 4K+HDR, as so many of the shots really could have benefited.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L
    Annihilation
    I kind've liked it? The first time was okay-ish, and the second viewing left me very confused about the ending. I should re-watch it now that I have the 55" 4K, my first viewing was a 47" 1080P on DVD and I think the second was streaming on the same TV.

If you really liked Annihilation, then you should check out The Endless--two brothers revisit the death cult they escaped as teens. Same deal as Annihilation, general time-space wonkiness.

Also, now I have to watch Coherence, dammit. It was in my list (along with like 50 other movies).

Site Supporter
    Beyond the Reach
    Free on Amazon Prime
    4/5
    Michael Douglas and Some Pretty 20-Something Guy go on a not-quite-legal hunting trip. Trip goes wrong in a hurry. Great cinematic views of the desert. Even better is Douglas' Mercedes Benz G63 AMG 6x6.
    This was based on a book called, "Deathwatch" that I loved as a kid. I'm going to have to dig through my old books and see if I still have a copy.

The Counselor.

Ridley Scott directing a Cormac McCarthy screenplay. Michael Fassbender, Joachim Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt.

A horror story served up as a thriller. Existentially disturbing.

A lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was incredible.

McCarthy at his darkest-and I read and saw The Road.

A slow burn where every step the characters take delivers them unrelentingly to their wyrd.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    The Counselor.

Ridley Scott directing a Cormac McCarthy screenplay. Michael Fassbender, Joachim Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt.

A horror story served up as a thriller. Existentially disturbing.

A lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was incredible.

McCarthy at his darkest-and I read and saw The Road.

A slow burn where every step the characters take delivers them unrelentingly to their wyrd.
    My wife and I watched it in the theater and at least a half dozen couples got up and left part way through it. Very underrated movie in my opinion.

User Tag List