Page 754 of 820 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756764804 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,540 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Watched Jordan Peele's Nope last night. The story is what is either an interstellar alien predator (think lion, not The Predator) targeting an area around a failing ranch. Just "nope" right by this one. It's not worth the time. Unlikeable/unsympathetic characters, poorly defined threat, and no satisfying conclusion.

Chris

Thanks. I've been debating watching that one

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Wife had never seen Constantine, so I rewatched that with her this weekend. Not a masterpiece by a long stretch, but it has its moments and the direction is excellent. Apparently, Constantine 2 is a thing that could happen in the not too distant future.

After that, the Internet recommended The Devil's Advocate, Keanu's other "complicated relationship with Satan" movie. That's actually a pretty good flick - little rocky towards the end, but a great story and proof Keanu can actually act when he wants to. Pacino is a force of nature.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I've been on a movie-watching binge lately...

Name:  1554802712_gbPm36j9gto4wXFT4mhvGhAfl4C-215x330.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  13.2 KB

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead > surprisingly awesome 5/5

Name:  Dune_(2021_film).jpg
Views: 388
Size:  77.6 KB

Dune > lame sauce 2/5

Name:  the-little-things-poster-300x446.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  23.4 KB

The Little Things > entertaining for the most part 3/5

Site Supporter
    Shazam: Fury of the Gods dropped on HBO, part of our cable package. Incredibly lame. No wonder DC is totally redoing its movies.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

"The Finest Hours" on Disney. In 1952 an oil tanker splits in two during a noreaster. Chris Pine leads a USCG crew in a wooden boat to rescue 32 men. Casey Afleck is on the stern of the ship and leads the men to rig a makeshift rudder control so that they can run the stern aground. Very exciting.

https://movies.disney.com/the-finest-hours
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    FUBAR
    Name:  Fubar.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  17.8 KB
    Oh my gosh this thing is stupid! It took me partway into the second episode for me to realize it was on purpose. Once I caught on, I started to enjoy it. If you watch it, keep an eye out for stuff in the background, photos, posters, props. For example, in a scene where a super nerd is about to get lucky, the camera pans off the couple to one of his action figures. The doll's head is shaped like a spermatozoa. In another scene the same super nerd refers to the tractor beams in "Starwars." For you non-nerds, tractor beams were in "Star Trek."
    The ridiculous depiction of firearms and weapons is so over the top that it too has to be intentional.
    You've got Arnold doing what ever it is Arnold does. I wouldn't call it acting, but it is entertaining. Then you've got 3 smoking hot babes.
    Name:  FubarBabes.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  72.7 KB

I'd say it's worth checking out.

Rewatching Orphan Black. 5 seasons, 2013-2017. Vudu, 5.99 per season.

A street hustling low level criminal gets off a train in her home town and sees a woman who looks exactly like her commit suicide. She steals the woman's purse and burglarizes her condo. When she discovers 75,000 bucks in a bank account, she decides to briefly assumes the dead woman's identity to empty the account.
    One thing quickly leads to another and she finds out to her shock that the dead woman is a cop whose partner grabs her off the street to go to an OIS review board (right fucking now!)
    From there, her life spins completely. Out. Of. Control.
    She meets another doppelganger, who is promptly assassinated by a sniper so she ends up with a car full of blood and a body to dispose of. She discovers that her dead double was part of a very strange group that is investigating a bizarre, deadly conspiracy, she begins a humorously awkward sexual relationship with the dead woman's live-in boyfriend to distract him from her mistakes of impersonation(but she's suddenly better in bed...hmm), and oh yeah, the reason she's back in town is she assaulted her abusive drug dealer boyfriend and stole his kilo of cocaine. And he's in town looking for her
    That's episode 1.

Tatiana Maslany is marvelous playing multiple roles with distinctively different looks, mannerisms and personalities. The rest of the main cast are very well drawn and performed, especially her gay foster brother Felix, who is one of the great gay characters in filmdom. Funny, arch, quick-witted, and queer to the bone(but never a caricature except deliberately) he and Maslany are great together as streetwise orphans raised to be brother and sister.
    A great score, tight writing and a story that veers between desperation, mystery, terror and outright hilarity make it one of the better series of the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    In another scene the same super nerd refers to the tractor beams in "Starwars." For you non-nerds, tractor beams were in "Star Trek."
    The Death Star had a tractor beam.

(I'll go back to my basement bedroom now.)
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The Death Star had a tractor beam.

(I'll go back to my basement bedroom now.)
    Not only the Death Star, but Star Destroyers as well (how they drew the Tantive IV into the hanger bay thingy after they knocked out the engines).
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    FUBAR
    Name:  Fubar.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  17.8 KB
    Oh my gosh this thing is stupid! It took me partway into the second episode for me to realize it was on purpose. Once I caught on, I started to enjoy it. If you watch it, keep an eye out for stuff in the background, photos, posters, props. For example, in a scene where a super nerd is about to get lucky, the camera pans off the couple to one of his action figures. The doll's head is shaped like a spermatozoa. In another scene the same super nerd refers to the tractor beams in "Starwars." For you non-nerds, tractor beams were in "Star Trek."
    The ridiculous depiction of firearms and weapons is so over the top that it too has to be intentional.
    You've got Arnold doing what ever it is Arnold does. I wouldn't call it acting, but it is entertaining. Then you've got 3 smoking hot babes.
    Name:  FubarBabes.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  72.7 KB

I'd say it's worth checking out.
    My wife and I just started watching this. I'd seen some of the commercials and admittedly wasn't terribly interested because I figured it'd be another over-the-top, Arnold-esque action thing. But we figured we'd check it out as we couldn't find anything else interesting at the time. While the action does border on comically overdone at times, it's still a fun watch and the humorous banter definitely keeps me laughing.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List