Page 590 of 817 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We just finished up season 3 of Cobra Kai on Netflix. Against my own expectations, I've really enjoyed it.

It's not especially well acted, Karate fights are silly, etc. But I'll be damned if it isn't just fun and likeable. There is some good humor in the Johnny Lawrence fish out of water stuck in the late 80s thing, too.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Just saw The Highwaymen on Netflix. I liked it, especially Costner's and Bates's performances.

(Ah, for the days when you could just walk into a store and buy guns and shit.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I am currently watching Happy People: A year in the taiga on prime. It’s mostly in Russian but it’s interesting watching how they live; especially the trappers

Our Girl on Prime has held my interest through 3-4 episodes so far.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    We just finished up season 3 of Cobra Kai on Netflix. Against my own expectations, I've really enjoyed it.

It's not especially well acted, Karate fights are silly, etc. But I'll be damned if it isn't just fun and likeable. There is some good humor in the Johnny Lawrence fish out of water stuck in the late 80s thing, too.
    Totally agree. It should be (maybe it is [emoji41]) the dumbest thing ever but we loved it. Johnny steals the show, every time he screams “QUIET!” at his students you know it’s about to get good.

The Hero- on Hulu I think. An aging actor facing his life and career choices while contemplating his mortality. Or some shit. Worth it if you like watching Sam Elliott basically playing Sam Elliott.

True Detective on HBO Max- I somehow never watched this until now despite hearing how good it is. Season 1 is fantastic. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are a great pair.
    Season 2 is a pretty big drop off but watchable, I’ll give season 3 a go just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished up The Expanse season 5 last night. This show has easily turned into a top-3 program of all time for me. I really enjoy it- the story is great, the special effects are amazing and the characters developed well.

Can’t wait for season 6 and thinking of reading the books.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Finished up The Expanse season 5 last night...thinking of reading the books.
    The books are well worth your time IMO. Agree that the show is very good. The only thing I can really find to complain about in both the show and the books is that Naomi gets a bit stereotypical from time to time.

The French Connection is claimed to be one of the best movies ever made. It has won several Oscars and other rewards. But personally, I didn't find it all that great. I guess the movie just hasn't aged as well as some others.

Site Supporter
    I'm liking the new Superman series on CW.

Honest Thief with Liam Neeson, which is basically Taken 37, can be passed over.

User Tag List