Page 685 of 817 FirstFirst ... 185585635675683684685686687695735785 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    1883- The protagonist/"narratoress" made this the best network tv show I have watched in a long time. Taylor S has a great eye for talent and casting

A story goes that she auditioned for the Mayor of Kingstown. Taylor Sheridan told her you are not right for the role, but I really like you and I am working on some other things. I will call you back in a few weeks with something. The actress thought this was simply a kind let down and did not expect a call.

TS goes to Paramount and says good news/you gotta trust me on the heels of Yellowstone. Good News- I have found the perfect lead/narrator for 1883. You Gotta Trust Me- She is essentially a complete unknown. The studio says "Ok" very reluctantly and the rest is history.

I would be stunned if she does not get an Emmy nomination.

I have been watching "Wild District" on Netflix. In Spanish as it certainly helps maintain some proficiency.
    Story of a kidnapped boy forced into the the FARC in the jungles of Columbia, escapes after a crisis of conscious years later.

Reintegrated by the Govt yet recruited for his skills. Corruption/Politics/Love/Revenge/Parenthood-it has it all!
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    1883- The protagonist/"narratoress" made this the best network tv show I have watched in a long time. Taylor S has a great eye for talent and casting
    I thought the narration was the worst part of that show, but maybe if I saw it without it, I'd be bored. I like Yellowstone and 1883, but I sometimes wonder if cowboys spend that much time discussing and thinking about what it means to be cowboys.

Site Supporter
    1. That is the beauty of this community- the vast majority of the time, we can disagree without being disagreeable.

2. Re what cowboys really did or did not talk about-it is a drama, not a documentary.

Kind of like most motion picture are movies, not films. A decent way to pass the time, nothing more, or less.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    The Wilds. I’d skipped over this several times after reading the synopsis. Bunch of teenage girls trapped on a deserted island. Season two came out and I started hearing some good things about it.
    The better half has seen season one and said she’d watch it again with me.
    I’m five episodes in and so far it is way better than I expected. There is more going on than just lost girls al-la “Lost.” Nothing supernatural yet.
    Name:  Wilds.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  54.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    The Wilds. I’d skipped over this several times after reading the synopsis. Bunch of teenage girls trapped on a deserted island. Season two came out and I started hearing some good things about it.
    The better half has seen season one and said she’d watch it again with me.
    I’m five episodes in and so far it is way better than I expected. There is more going on than just lost girls al-la “Lost.” Nothing supernatural yet.
    Name:  Wilds.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  54.7 KB
    Have they been dead the whole time?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Nerd me loved Vox Machina

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Have they been dead the whole time?
    Ha! no. I don't think it's a spoiler because you find out at the end of the first episode they are being watched. Apparently this is a social experiment by some waco gal who thinks women would take over the world from men, and this is an experiment (or demonstration) that proves women should take over. Obviously the characters are quite "progressive." But I'm not sure the show is.

Just watched 12 Monkeys for the umpteenth time. Brad Pitt gave Bruce Willis a first-rate tour of the asylum lol. Get out of my chair!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Surrendering Mancard

Bridgerton...was great.

I dismissed it as Woke retcon inclusivity(and there are plenty who applaud it as such) but the integrated Regency society is presented so matter-of-factly that it just works. Plus, all characters are period correct British.
    The first season is quite good, a funny and interesting examination of the excruciatingly mannered and polite le Bon Ton of English High Society, during the "Marriage Season" when debutantes are introduced to eligible bachelors.
    Well developed characters with interlocking story arcs, beautiful costuming and settings and some excellent acting.
    But then comes season 2.
    And it goes to 11.
    The introduction of Viscount Bridgerton's decision to marry and his coldly rational assessment of his requirements for a Viscountess set the stage for his unendingly hilarious pursuit of the Season's "Diamond"-the most incomparable beauty selected by Her Majesty, the Queen.
    His only obstacle is the girl's spinster("6 and 20 years" old) sister. A woman who has repressed every desire of her own to care for her younger sister. She is possessed of a rapier wit(with a straight to the throat riposte) and complete confidence in herself and her determination to accomplish her mission(to have her sister marry for love) She. Brooks.No. Shit. Whatsoever.
    From anyone, but especially and most particularly Lord Bridgerton.
    Unfortunately, neither she nor he can resist the other. From their meet-cute on horseback and her increasingly public scorn of him, to a gladiatorial game of croquet, there is the most amazingly erotic display of stolen glances, shuddering breathing, heaving bosoms, personal space violation and almost kisses to ever be filmed.
    It was spellbinding.
    The lead actress has the role of a lifetime and swings for the fences. Luminously beautiful, with great comedic flair and style she portrays a young woman of ferocious intensity and purpose completely blindsided by love. Watching her transform from prickly gatekeeper to utterly confused and lost woman in love is a revelation.
    Recommended only if you've ever been completely lost in love.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Bridgerton...was great.
    Well, that took me by surprise. I watched season 1 and liked it OK, but felt like I'd had enough and haven't bothered with Season 2. I'll have to rethink that and give it a shot.

I've been watching Russian Doll on Neflix and Doom Patrol on HBO Max and generally liking them both.

User Tag List