Page 684 of 812 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734784 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I really enjoyed the first season of Picard. enough of the core of TNG, but with an adult edge that I appreciated.

Started episode 1 of season 2 and I'm not so sure just yet.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Ive enjoyed:

Halo on Paramount. Absolutely NOT a gamer so I have no history. It’s just mindless fun for 45 minutes.

1883 on Paramount as well. For some weird reason the show and characters drew me in like crazy. To the point that my allergies were really bothering me the last 2 episodes. Can’t explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ulzana's Raid
    1972 movie about an Apache leaving the reservation leading a raiding party. The Cavalry is notified and sets out to kill or capture the hostiles.
    A vicious battle of wits ensues between the Cavalry scouts and the renegades, who murder everyone they encounter along their way. The Apache use torture, mutilation and spared (but brutalized) captives to provoke and split the Cavalry detail.
    Bleak, nihilistic and unrelentingly grim it's the best and most accurate Cavalry vs Indians movie ever made. The details are spot on, from the concern about overexerting the horses and the way the soldiers uniforms don't quite match, to the discussion of the motivations for the Apache's behavior. The Cavalry Apache scout(Jorge Luke in a breakout performance) is casually brutal, from the way he manhandles his horse to the way he explains the purpose and benefits of torture.
    Bruce Davison plays the green Lieutenant in charge of the raid, fresh from the East and the son of a preacher who is shocked and enraged by the aftermath of the Apaches.
    Burt Lancaster stars playing the Chief Cavalry scout to grizzled perfection, noting that hating the Apaches "Won't make you happy, but it sure won't make you lonely". He doesn't hate them, because it would be like hating the desert for not having water. It's enough that he fears them.
    The film is not for the faint of heart, and could not be made today without an NC-17 or X-for-violence rating. The horrifying images and violence hurt. Unlike the cartoonish stuff we see nowadays.
    Of course it goes without saying that the portrayal of the Apaches, while accurate and evenhanded, would not pass any Wokeness test.
    Not to be missed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Ulzana's Raid
    1972 movie about an Apache leaving the reservation leading a raiding party. The Cavalry is notified and sets out to kill or capture the hostiles.
    A vicious battle of wits ensues between the Cavalry scouts and the renegades, who murder everyone they encounter along their way. The Apache use torture, mutilation and spared (but brutalized) captives to provoke and split the Cavalry detail.
    Bleak, nihilistic and unrelentingly grim it's the best and most accurate Cavalry vs Indians movie ever made. The details are spot on, from the concern about overexerting the horses and the way the soldiers uniforms don't quite match, to the discussion of the motivations for the Apache's behavior. The Cavalry Apache scout(Jorge Luke in a breakout performance) is casually brutal, from the way he manhandles his horse to the way he explains the purpose and benefits of torture.
    Bruce Davison plays the green Lieutenant in charge of the raid, fresh from the East and the son of a preacher who is shocked and enraged by the aftermath of the Apaches.
    Burt Lancaster stars playing the Chief Cavalry scout to grizzled perfection, noting that hating the Apaches "Won't make you happy, but it sure won't make you lonely". He doesn't hate them, because it would be like hating the desert for not having water. It's enough that he fears them.
    The film is not for the faint of heart, and could not be made today without an NC-17 or X-for-violence rating. The horrifying images and violence hurt. Unlike the cartoonish stuff we see nowadays.
    Of course it goes without saying that the portrayal of the Apaches, while accurate and evenhanded, would not pass any Wokeness test.
    Not to be missed.
    What service carries it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What service carries it?
    None of the usuals, I'm afraid.

I rewatched it on M4UHD, one of those "Watch online free" channels. Better have adblock, though.

What service carries it?
    I found it here of all places -

https://archive.org/details/ulzanas-raid-1972

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 60pilot View Post
    I found it here of all places -

https://archive.org/details/ulzanas-raid-1972
    Thanks…
    Trying to figure out how to safely dip a digital toe in here…
    The movie definitely sounds like it’s worth watching.

Site Supporter
    Ozark Season 4. It's strange being so drawn into a show in which you despise almost all of the characters.

What service carries it?
    I think the full movie is available on YouTube.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Ozark Season 4. It's strange being so drawn into a show in which you despise almost all of the characters.
    Just finished this too. Which means the end of the series. It was really good for a while... then you start getting numb to how deep Marty and Wendy are into the actual cartel. And you know what drove me crazy... the whole damn time they lived this dangerous life, they lived in a house with huge windows and no security system. And they NEVER carried a firearm or any other means of protection! The son had a shotgun I guess...
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

User Tag List