Page 682 of 819 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692732782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I had "The Last Kingdom" recommended to me highly. The setting is right up my alley. I couldn't get through much more than the first season, though. I hated the main character. Does he get better at all?
    That kind of depends on what part of him is bothering you. There are some aspects that change (or become tolerable), but I would wager that if you don't like him in season one, you probably won't like him in the finale...
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I had "The Last Kingdom" recommended to me highly. The setting is right up my alley. I couldn't get through much more than the first season, though. I hated the main character. Does he get better at all?
    I initially found him a bit obnoxious as well but yes I think he does get better. He endures an enormous amount of suffering if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Tourist on HBOmax is really good.
    Thanks for the reminder, I got 2 or 3 episodes in a couple weeks ago and forgot about finishing it.

I finished part 2 of the series finale of Ozark. Not many shows stay consistently good from beginning to end, but Ozark did and then some. Some get worse, some get better, few are consistent though. An example of getting worse is Ray Donovan, and an example of getting better is Better Call Saul.

Site Supporter
    I guess I’d say so…I’m into season 3 during treadmill and elliptical workouts in hotels. The main character matures a bit.
    But I found the overall story to be easily watchable.

Just re-watched season 1 of "True Detective" on HBO Max. Not quite as good as I remembered, but orders of magnitude better than average.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Back in 2011, as I lay in the hospital with most of my innards removed and a 7 inch cut stapled up on my belly, there was a TV show that began. I had to watch it live as it aired because, no DVR in the hospital room. It provided me with great escapism. I fell in love with the show.
    A few months ago I saw where it was on one of the streaming services I use. I eagerly watched it again. It was terrible. I suppose it was an escapist straw I was grasping back then.

Terra Nova

Name:  TerraNova.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  42.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Just re-watched season 1 of "True Detective" on HBO Max. Not quite as good as I remembered, but orders of magnitude better than average.
    I think it was better to watch it unfolding week by week vs bingeing.

But nothing helps the complete and utter copout ending for me.

Much ado about nothing.

I actually liked Season 3 better, especially the ending.

He was only alive in the jungle.

I watched the first two episodes of Bosch Legacy last night. If you liked Bosch, you'll probably like Legacy. It's a little more Maddie Bosch storyline but Harry does not take a backseat in this spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I watched the first two episodes of Bosch Legacy last night. If you liked Bosch, you'll probably like Legacy. It's a little more Maddie Bosch storyline but Harry does not take a backseat in this spinoff.
    That's too bad. Maddie was probably my least favorite character in Bosch. I didn't feel like her acting was up to par with the other main characters.

User Tag List