Page 637 of 817 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637638639647687737 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched Clint Eastwood’s new movie, Cry Macho. An OK watch, but somewhat forgettable. Even though it dragged a bit, when it ended it felt abrupt. Half way through a new plot point was introduced, but never resolved. I think you could skip this one, unless you’re a huge Clint fan.

Actor / director / producer at 91, still have to give him props.

13 Hours Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is free on Amazon
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Extraction II teaser

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    [GUITAR_RIFF] Excellent! [/GUITAR_RIFF]

I fully agree with one reviewer who said, "Extraction was much better than it had any right to be."
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Gunsmoke with Audie Murphy.

Murphy plays a hired gun heading into a range war. Meets a pretty girl and falls in love.

That's the end of "typical 50s oater western"

A great supporting cast, a very witty and well written script and an unusually twisty plot made this so enjoyable that I watched it twice.

Free on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Red Sun, with Charles Bronson, Toshiro Mifune and Ursula Andress.
    Free on YouTube.
    Do you happen to have a link to an English version of the movie?

The latest tv series I've finished is Braqueurs, or as Netflix calls it, Ganglands season one. Two French speaking gentlemen seem to have been binge watching Michael Mann's Heat to the point they decided to make a whole tv series in the same style. Unfortunately neither of the two gentlemen quite reach Mr Mann's level of attention to detail, so there are some plot holes and such. Still though, the end result is quite good and does resemble Mann's work in places. Until something stupid happens. Just watch the beginning of the first episode, I think you'll see what I mean. Still though, I recommend watching this one. Just don't think too hard about what you saw, or you'll end up with a headache.

(And yes, everybody in the series speaks French.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    13 Hours Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is free on Amazon
    Just checked; not showing up free for me 🤷*♂️ I was so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Just checked; not showing up free for me 🤷*♂️ I was so excited!
    Oh shit. Wellll ….. looks like I bought it sometime in the past. My mistake sorry TOTS 😬
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Do you happen to have a link to an English version of the movie?

The latest tv series I've finished is Braqueurs, or as Netflix calls it, Ganglands season one. Two French speaking gentlemen seem to have been binge watching Michael Mann's Heat to the point they decided to make a whole tv series in the same style. Unfortunately neither of the two gentlemen quite reach Mr Mann's level of attention to detail, so there are some plot holes and such. Still though, the end result is quite good and does resemble Mann's work in places. Until something stupid happens. Just watch the beginning of the first episode, I think you'll see what I mean. Still though, I recommend watching this one. Just don't think too hard about what you saw, or you'll end up with a headache.

(And yes, everybody in the series speaks French.)
    For some reason, the site is lagging so bad it won't let me attach a video.

Iyt's the first one that popped up for me.

It's on a YouTube channel called "Grjngo" sic.

HTH.

I know the Zombie thing is played out.

We've been supersaturated with crappy movies, led down the primrose path with The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead(and treated like Charlie Brown trusting Lucy just.One. More. Time.)

But if there's a spark of Zombie Apocalypse love flickering wanly in your broken heart...salvation is here.

Black Summer, season 2. Netflix.

Season 1 was so bad I posted a hateful screed calling the cast, crew, writers and directors everything but a Child of God. It was wretched. Condensed, peak stupid.

But somehow, season 2 threw it off. Don't even bother with season 1, it doesn't matter.(Please trust me)

In 7 episodes they achieve what 10+ years of TWD could not achieve: tell the story of the early months of the Apocalypse.

Interestingly.

The style is episodic, choppy and fast. No one is safe. Characters from the first season may die in the first few minutes of the show

or at any time throughout. It's dangerous. Characters or situations are followed for a while then POV switches. Sometimes the story backs up and retells

the story from a different POV(even a zombie's.)

The zombies turn fast, are fast as can be and vicious. They add an awful dimension to the continuous fighting for resources because when you kill

someone you have to kill them twice.And the second time is much harder. Kinda like having to shoot a charging bear or lion in the head.

The Human society has collapsed completely, with tiny groups who can't trust each other or anyone else.

Women are currency. Everyone is starving, and it's winter now.

Every character is forced to make horrible choices to survive. In other words, like the story should be.

Watch the first 5 minutes of Episode 1. You might be hooked. I was.
    Last edited by feudist; 10-03-2021 at 12:25 AM.

User Tag List