Page 683 of 819 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693733783 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    That's too bad. Maddie was probably my least favorite character in Bosch. I didn't feel like her acting was up to par with the other main characters.
    Mine too but Harry's side of the show is classic Bosch. Admittedly I fast forwarded through many of the Maddie scenes.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Watched the "Spencer" thing on Netflix. It was okay. Entertaining in a cartoonish sort of way. Whenever I see Marky-Mark in this type of role, I always think "felon with a gun".

Ilsa Schlessinger managed to pull off the annoying accent pretty well. Not as well as Amy Ryan did in "Gone Baby Gone" (Schlessinger and Ryan are both kind of rat-faced...is that a Boston thing?)

The gang utilizing machetes instead of guns made for some fun....if a bit silly...fight scenes. Their odd weapon choice made me think of the old film "The Warriors". In that flick, each gang had a certain affection or costume. There was one gang that all wore roller skates. I recall thinking that those guys must get their asses kicked in EVERY fight.

Rosco
    I finally got around to watching this. It was entertaining, and, if somebody knew nothing about the novels, it would be much more entertaining.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone seen watched the movie “The New Centurions”?

How is it as a cop movie?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone seen watched the movie “The New Centurions”?

How is it as a cop movie?
    The 1972 version with Stacy Keach and George C. Scott?
    Very good movie. As realistic as a commercial movie can be, I guess.
    Most of Wambaugh's stuff is very solid. Hell, he pretty much invented the "Mean streets Patrol cop" genre.
    Also check out Police Story, the TV series from him(not Jackie Chan). Episodic, with few recurring characters or story arcs. Stories dealt with Patrol, detectives, SWAT and even SIS. Lots of big name actors appeared. A lot are available free on YouTube.

Gawd I love Wambaugh! The Glitter Dome and Lines & Shadows are laugh out loud funny to me. Everyone in the movie adaptation of The Glitter Dome did a great job, but damn it missed the mark IMHO. Police Story was great, I'll be checking youtube for some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Gawd I love Wambaugh! The Glitter Dome and Lines & Shadows are laugh out loud funny to me. Everyone in the movie adaptation of The Glitter Dome did a great job, but damn it missed the mark IMHO. Police Story was great, I'll be checking youtube for some of those.
    Loved "Lines and Shadows"! The Christmas Miracle!

Just found The Glitter Dome on YouTube. Apparently the only place available.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Roku has Police Story.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Finally got around to watching "No Country for Old Men"and "Wind River", both for the first time.

I liked most of "No Country," but the ending just left me cold. I not one for nihilistic endings.

Conversely, "Wind River" didn't leave me cold (see what I did there?). I thought it was very well done. I doubt that I will watch it again, but it was definitely worth my time.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    All the Old Knives on Amazon Prime.
    Slow burn drama concerning a CIA investigation into a horrific terrorist hijacking in Vienna from 10 years previously. New information suggests that there was a mole in the Vienna office.
    Chris Pine and Thandie Newton are old lovers who reunite during the investigation.
    Almost the entire movie takes place over dinner between these 2. The story unfolds from their respective flashbacks.
    This movie builds to a whammy of an ending that left me thinking about the ramifications for days.
    No action, except in the sheets...Thandie is very decorative and not shy.
    Recommended if you want to see several fine actors deliver a well told story.
    Concur on all points. Thandie has barely aged since Mission Impossible II.

Saw The Northman and found it well worth the time and money.

This Smithsonian article sums it up better than I would, but I would say think Hamlet / Conan set in an historically accurate Viking world with a mystical element and great cinematography.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...man-180979954/

User Tag List