Page 622 of 819 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632672722 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vsdtrek View Post
    Right now, as long as it has solid action, it works. After watching, I looked it up on Wikipedia (so it has to be true!) and learned about the books and some of the differences. I certainly have a lot of free time for reading, so I may have to add them to the list. I was going to read the original Conan books just for kicks.
    The Aubrey/Maturin books are a lot of fun and interesting as well. And you can't go wrong with the original Conan books. You can get all of Robert E. Howard's collected works on kindle for a couple of bucks at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Looking for a series to watch, we began "Westworld" on HBOMax. So far, I'm thinking we'll stick with it.

The player piano in the saloon was playing "Black Hole Sun" at one point. That amused me.

Rosco
    Westworld is distilled entertainment. If you enjoyed "Black Hole Sun" on the player piano, listen carefully for "Paint It Black". And in Season 2, "Seven Nation Army". Actually, composer Ramin Djawadi has a whole string of excellent "covers" from the show on Spotify.

Note to others: you are forewarned against watching this show with your parents/children. Virtually every episode is saturated with dicks/vajeen/boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post

Note to others: you are forewarned against watching this show with your parents/children. Virtually every episode is saturated with dicks/vajeen/boobies.

... and graphic violence and gore.

It may have also been partly responsible for the purchase of a Ruger Valquero, blued, in 45 Long Colt.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The Aubrey/Maturin books are a lot of fun and interesting as well. And you can't go wrong with the original Conan books. You can get all of Robert E. Howard's collected works on kindle for a couple of bucks at this point.
    If you like audiobooks, the Aubrey/Maturins as read by Patrick Tull(on Audible) are excellent.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Black Widow is 2.5 hours that I'll never get back. There's a twinge of Deadpool mockery at the genre in one scene. There were a lot of dragged-out and nearly pointless action scenes. (Planeload of Russian spies takes off from Ohio with the cops chasing them, flies to Cuba and nobody thinks to whistle up some AF fighters?)

Possibly it might have been better if I had seen the "Marvel Universe" arc, but other than Deadpool, I haven't seen any of the Marvel flicks since Ironman.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Drive to Survive is an excellent program for anyone who follows Formula 1.

Ted Lasso is back on tonight!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    As a paen to nostalgia, my Netflix surfaced a new version of He-man. So I watched it. Actually wasn't too bad for a couple of hours. Actually, He-man isn't that big a part. He gets killed off and his crew tries to solve a problem to get him back. NO one actually dies in comics or cartoons.

Watching Flea Bag, supposedly a female based comedy, which is ok. However, I found it very depressing.

Reading books on the naval history of Civil War - really fascinating. That's for another thread.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Riders of Justice

Name:  002-rr-photo-by-anders-overgaard_43de778a-1f82-eb11-a9d3-0edcbcd33718.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  82.2 KB

I’ll watch anything with Mads Mikkelsen. But this movie stands out by a country mile.

Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Blood Red Sky on Netflix. Premise - plane is hijacked by a crew of terrorists or criminals. One little boy is on with his momma. His momma is a vampire. Hilarity ensues. Pretty good B movie. Tough vampires, not invulnerable but not an easy kill, certainly not to go H2H with.

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just finished The Expanse. I enjoyed most of it. But I am kind of a sucker for decent space stuff.

Watched street kings last night. Good flick and love the 1911 action.

Rewatching a lot of old movies too lately.

Gladiator (Cuba jr) great movie
    Lethal weapon
    Conan
    Escape from New York
    Top gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List