Page 217 of 817 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Finished the first season of Westworld to prep for the beginning of the second season. I feel like I should like it more than I do, but it just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi that would put it in the 'great' category.

That being said, the production values are stellar, the cast is excellent, and the writing is on-point more often than it's not. It's definitely in the 'repeat viewing' category.
    Didn't grab us when we started watching the first season so we blew it off.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watched Krypton - about Superman's planet. Mildly entertaining. I have trouble watching all the intrique knowing they all get blown up in a few years, so who cares?
    That’s why I didn’t watch the prequel to Battlestar Galactica.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    My wife forced us into watching "the greatest showman" today. It's a decent little family flick. Positive, upbeat, happy ending, well done music and choreography if that's your thing. I've known a lot of guys say they've watched to 2-3 times together as a family.
    I saw that recently, and by the end, I was toe-tapping the beat.

It was pretty enjoyable, actually.

I’d say as a film the whole family could enjoy it would be hard to beat.

Site Supporter
    Recently watched "Hostiles". I have mixed feelings about it.

Avengers: Infinity Wars (In theaters now)

Just a fun movie. The story feels a bit disjointed at times as it attempts to follow the arcs of so many characters but it actually does a decent job, considering the jumps it had to make. Yeah, CGI everywhere. Comedy lines sometimes felt forced and fell a little flat, and at other times weren't bad as the humor in these movies go. Tons of weird superhero action as one would expect. I enjoyed it. Definitely glad I saw this one at the theater.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

We went to our little local theater and watched Chappaquiddick last night. *SPOILER ALERT* Ted Kennedy did it.

I was afraid how Hollywood would portray the story but they did a good job of telling the story, and how it was handled.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Well, I can say the only thing wrong with this season of 'The Expanse' is that the episodes aren't longer. Best show on television at the moment.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    How are you watching this? I was Roberto Saviano's bodyguard in the US. Really epic stuff as far as how deep he got with both Gomorrah and Zero,Zero,Zero.
    @Dagga Boy - thought you'd like to know that ZeroZeroZero is also coming to TV...solid cast. Amazon has picked up the US rights.

‘Gomorrah’ Team Underway On Cocaine Crime Series ‘ZeroZeroZero’ With Andrea Riseborough, Dane DeHaan, Gabriel Byrne
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Atomic Blonde:
    Watched it on the flight over to London. Not a great film per se, but between taking place in Berlin of the late 80s (backdrop is the protests leading to the Wall coming down) and the music, it was a trip through nostalgia for this child of the 70s and 80s (I was in HS when the wall came down). If your too young to remember those times and the music doesn't appeal to you, skip it.

Chris
    Not an 80s kid (born in '88), but really enjoyed it. Thought the movie was decent...thought the soundtrack was fantastic.

Still can't stand Charlize Theron.

I watched Atomic Blonde after a friend recommended it. I really liked it.

I started watching Black Sails. I just finished season one.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List