Page 580 of 819 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I discovered Corner Gas a few months ago and really just love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    We stumbled upon it on vacation in Canada years ago. I think it is one of the funniest shows ever made. Anyone interested in comedy should watch the first two episodes of season 1 - it is free on Amazon Prime with commercials. If you are not hooked after the "Tax Man' episode (I think it is the S1E2) it may not be for you. I describe it as 'The Andy Griffith Show' combined with 'Seinfeld.'
    Guys, it's a secret.

Wife and I have been watching Ratched.

Visually, it’s amazing. Story so far is good. Seems poised to head further into some SJW shit but for now it’s enjoyable.

My favorite character so far is actually Sharon Stone’s.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Started the final season (8) of Spiral on MHz (via Fire Stick). Be sad to see this show come to an end.

Started season 3 of Gomorrah on HBO Max. More fun and games with the mob in Naples.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    We stumbled upon it on vacation in Canada years ago. I think it is one of the funniest shows ever made. Anyone interested in comedy should watch the first two episodes of season 1 - it is free on Amazon Prime with commercials. If you are not hooked after the "Tax Man' episode (I think it is the S1E2) it may not be for you. I describe it as 'The Andy Griffith Show' combined with 'Seinfeld.'
    I watched the first few episodes last night and had some good laughs. Thanks!

Evidently there is an animated version and also a movie available on Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Watched Buckaroo Banzai with the Offspring. First time I had seen it in decades, but I had talked it up, so...

We were all disappointed.
    Oh, the deuce you say.
    I made the mistake of watching some trivia video that among other things said that when they were filming the closing scene, they didn't have the music and used Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. I always hated that song.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I watched the first few episodes last night and had some good laughs. Thanks!

Evidently there is an animated version and also a movie available on Prime.
    The movie is set several years after the series. Like most follow ups like that it was not great, but still entertaining for fans of the show. My wife and I loved the show so tried a couple episodes of the animated version but could not get into it. It just didn’t have the same feeling.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Gotta give credit where credit is due. Locke & Key on Netflix was a nice surprise.
    Based on your recommendation I tried the first episode. I must say, especially the youngest kid seemed really smart, which is a welcome change from the usual, where a cast of idiots bumble along from one stupid decision to the next. The writing seemed very good, with the story moving right along. No "can we stretch this out for another season" writing in sight, at least in episode 1.

Still though, two of the main characters are teenagers and therefore I expect there to be mandatory high school drama. Am I the only person in the universe absolutely fed up with that in every possible series? I might not bother watching further just to escape watching that shite. A shame, really, as the series does seem otherwise well written.

I've been partially through 4-5 toxic action movies on a combination of Netflix and Amazon Prime being in the heart of a gray winter, old, retired, etc. I won't endanger anyone's health by listing the garbage but just to summarize: no plot, really bad acting, incredibly unrealistic action. I'm going to look for a series since the bites are shorter and I can probably get through 45 minutes of something bad versus 90+ minutes of a bad movie.

Currently trying to watch "Ava" on Netflix: better acting, sort of a plot and I'm hanging in. I'm amazed that the heroine has any hearing left since the movie is riddled with unsuppressed semi and full auto gunfire. Also, it is truly amazing how even a gifted hand-to-hand combatant can best multiple assailants with nary a scratch or bruise; I guess I've lost my perspective since us old folk bruise easily.

Vaccination coming up soon at which point I'll be able to get to an indoor range

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Based on your recommendation I tried the first episode. I must say, especially the youngest kid seemed really smart, which is a welcome change from the usual, where a cast of idiots bumble along from one stupid decision to the next. The writing seemed very good, with the story moving right along. No "can we stretch this out for another season" writing in sight, at least in episode 1.

Still though, two of the main characters are teenagers and therefore I expect there to be mandatory high school drama. Am I the only person in the universe absolutely fed up with that in every possible series? I might not bother watching further just to escape watching that shite. A shame, really, as the series does seem otherwise well written.
    Maybe a little but everything is used for plot development. I still haven’t matured past high school so it didn’t bother me. The fact that the series gets much darker should make it a little better. Give it a couple more episodes before bailing. If for no other reason than I’ll have someone else to comment on it!

I was happy there wasn’t a cast of idiots like you said; the worst is the mother. And she’s not so much an idiot as out of her depth. She just can’t keep up with what’s going on. You tend to pity her rather than criticize her.

Site Supporter
    I see you on Prime, with Helen Hunt. 5 of 5. I don't want to spoil it other than to say you will not see the end coming. You might think you do, but you don't.
    Ms Hunt now .... I know it's tacky to talk about somebody's appearance, but she seriously looks .... interesting. Still a good actor though.

User Tag List