Page 540 of 819 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590640 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Guerrera and I are watching "The Unicorn" on Netflix. It's a CBS sitcom, but, for parents, it's got a lot of heart and is very funny. Metaplot is a widower with 2 teen/tween daughters who is trying to get back into "the game," while being supported by his friends, two couples with their own children. Well-intentioned hilarity ensues.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Guerrera and I are watching "The Unicorn" on Netflix. It's a CBS sitcom, but, for parents, it's got a lot of heart and is very funny. Metaplot is a widower with 2 teen/tween daughters who is trying to get back into "the game," while being supported by his friends, two couples with their own children. Well-intentioned hilarity ensues.
    And Walton Goggins (aka Boyd Crowder) does a very nice job as the dad.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I love Walton, great actor. Watching Fargo with Chris Rock. Pretty good.

@blues
    @Greg
    @NickA

Here is what I ended up with:

Name:  AudibleMMc.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  29.2 KB

Not exactly sure when I will get to all of these, but my wife loves stuff about the railroad (a while back to celebrate an anniversary we took an Amtrak ride consisting of a California Zephyr/Coast Starlight/Empire Builder loop just to take a ride) and this weekend we have a lot of time in the truck, so she might like Nothing Like It in the World.

Before the virus I spent a lot of time in the car for work and the unabridged audiobooks really help pass the time and they can help make you look smarter at parties. But now I am not traveling for work or going to parties it was lucky to see that a bunch of the credits were about to expire. What I am doing is spending a lot of time in the home office and farting around in the basement workshop, I need to just get them going.

Thanks Again.

@mmc45414 Ghost Soldiers is outstanding, as others have said. Really hammers home some absolutely horrific conditions and treatment our boys went through in captivity, which is something you don't really get from mainstream WWII stuff about our participation.

Take a look at "The Simple Sounds of Freedom" by Thomas Taylor. The story about D-Day paratrooper Joe Beyrle, who was captured and escaped more times than I can remember, going on to fight on both fronts (with Russia at one point) in the European campaign. Simply incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    @blues
    @Greg
    @NickA

Here is what I ended up with:

...snip...

Thanks Again.
    You are very welcome and I'm glad I could help. I think you'll be well pleased.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If we're recommending Hampton Sides books/audiobooks I'll throw in "Blood and Thunder".
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If we're recommending Hampton Sides books/audiobooks I'll throw in "Blood and Thunder".
    One of my favorites.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Extraction on Netflix.

On the exercise bike I made it about half way through when there was a sound effect of a hammerless j-frame being cocked. I hung in there because I wanted to have some further study of Gina Carano, so I let it slide. They just did it again only a couple minutes later.

I'm out...

ETA: It was pretty silly even before that, don't want ya all to think I was being too judgmental

Name:  Extraction.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  49.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Extraction on Netflix.

On the exercise bike I made it about half way through when there was a sound effect of a hammerless j-frame being cocked. I hung in there because I wanted to have some further study of Gina Carano, so I let it slide. They just did it again only a couple minutes later.

I'm out...

ETA: It was pretty silly even before that, don't want ya all to think I was being too judgmental

Name:  Extraction.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  49.7 KB
    You watched the wrong Extraction on Netflix. Watch the Chris Hemsworth one.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List