Page 318 of 819 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418818 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Red Sparrow. Meh. I was expecting something along the lines of the Americans or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. It fell woefully short.
    Well I'm a dumb ass. I am probably the last person to find this out, but apparently Jennifer Lawrence does not want anyone who did not vote for Hillary to watch her movies. That's over two hours of my life I could have wasted else where. Now I know...
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Serenity

I don't mean the awesome Sci-Fi movie.

OH-MY-GOD what a hot mess of a movie. I haven't seen such a big stinking turd since the last time I ate at Chipotle. You couldn't pay me to see this cinematic abortion a second time.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Knight Fight on History.

God, what a travesty.

It should be called, "Bar room brawling in armor."

The armor is shoddy and amatuerish. It's cheap and doesn't articulate well and everything is overly heavy. Everyone uses a shield at one point or another, but no one actually knows how to use one which is very typical with reenactors of this caliber and make no mistake, that's all they really are. They pulled these guys from The Battle of Nations, which is one small step above the Society for Creative Anachronism, an incredibly low bar. Lots of polearm type weapons (Like a two-handed twelfth century war mace. What the fuck is that?) yet, no one seems to know how to use one, because they never make use of the extra range such weapons provide. There's very litle historical technique or validity to anything. It's just guys dressed in metal whopping the shit out of each other. In other words, a great fit for the "History" Channel.

Lastly, John Clements. I associated with John periodically years ago and I've always found him to be one of the most abrasive individuals I've ever met. He likes to position himself as the sole individual responsible for the resurgence of Historical European Combat Arts and his persecution complex is something to behold. He's made himself largely a pariah in the community because of it. I can only assume these programs come to him because he works cheap. If nothing else, I wish he'd find a good dentist.

I knew it was going to be shit, but I guess I couldn't drive on by the train wreck. Once was enough for me.
    At times I have been tempted to find out more about historical European martial arts, but this post makes me realize that it would open up a whole new categories of movies and TV shows I wouldnt' be able to watch without yelling at the scream and annoying my wife.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Knight Fight on History.

God, what a travesty.

It's just guys dressed in metal whopping the shit out of each other. In other words, a great fit for the "History" Channel.
    I remember when "The History Channel" had decent stuff, something other than "Pawn Stars" marathons.

The other night I watched "CLOSE" on Netflix. Same actress that did the "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy. Not that I know anything about EP, I thought it was good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_(film)

It helps that Noomi Rapace is totally hot.

"Close" on Netflix is pretty good.

My wife and I plowed through the entire 4 part series "The Ted Bundy Tapes". It was good, no earth shattering revelations or anything, but it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    "Close" on Netflix is pretty good.
    My wife and I plowed through the entire 4 part series "The Ted Bundy Tapes". It was good, no earth shattering revelations or anything, but it was good.

Liked the Bundy show....mainly for the retro jails, newsrooms, and old cars during the vehicle searches.

Finished "Norsemen" (on Netflix) last night. Very funny. Modern problems in the Viking era.

Rosco

The Accountant - Exceeded expectations

Name:  B2AE697B-D01B-437E-BCF1-4C1C2F793559.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  41.9 KB

On Netflix, produced by Rogue Fitness: if the idea of strongman shot in the style of Chefs Table has appeal, I think you will enjoy it. I did.

Edit: sorry for double photo, posted an episode title rather than the series title: STRONGLAND.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 01-27-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Polar (Netflix) - This was terrible. Mads Mikkelsen and Vanessa Hudgens put on great performances, and there's a cool shootout involving laser pointers on fingers, but that doesn't make the rest of the movie worth it by a long shot. Unless you're just a rabid fan of the graphic novel, this is easily a pass.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List