Page 729 of 819 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731739779 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Watched Dumb and Dumber again, and it is still my favorite comedy of all time. Most versions that you can buy now are the "unrated" type, and they are not as funny. The extended scenes do not help make the original movie better. Luckily, I was able to find a theatrical version used. I watch so few movies, and even fewer on DVDs, that I forgot about the two sided DVD disc that has the option for widescreen and 16:9.

Regarding Adam 12, it's the best cop show of all time. Southland should have learned from them instead of crappy modern TV drama shows.

Normal World Episode 1

Youtube, 20 minutes.
    4 vignettes.
    Sort of a comedy Black Mirror that viciously mocks woke hypocrisy. Probably illegal in England, China and California.
    Peak wrongthink.

Watched "The Menu" the other day, I'm a foodie so I rather enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_uTkUGcHv4

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I'm going to see A Man Called Otto because I liked the book, but the movie is starting to look like Gran Torino without guns.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

We indulged the 12yo with "Puss In Boots." It was not great but occasionally funny, and the animation was exceptional. If you're going to be forced to watch it, it's much better in the theater.

eta: Harvey Guillen, who is outstanding in the very funny TV series "What We Do in the Shadows," has a significant role. He's pretty good.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Internet and Cable went out 11:00 pm Dec 31 and didn't come back up until Thursday Jan 5. I set up my phone as a hot spot and used my laptop to throw Hulu up to the TV. We finished a couple of shows we'd started and dropped. "Second Chance," and "Stitchers."
    Meh .... better than nothing. Stitchers has a couple of hot Babes that are easy on the eye. Glad to have Cable and Intenet back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm going to see A Man Called Otto because I liked the book, but the movie is starting to look like Gran Torino without guns.
    Is there a grumpy old tobacco-spitting immigrant woman?

That was my favorite scene from Gran Torino.

Plane: a ridiculous movie with such an unimaginative title proved to be surprisingly entertaining.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Plane: a ridiculous movie with such an unimaginative title proved to be surprisingly entertaining.
    particularly for a movie about woodworking.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Agree, though they should have called it The Plane has Fallen.

I’m down for a mindless action flick, but the one thing that annoyed me in the first act was the pre 9/11 disregard for the cockpit security. PS: not a spoiler, doesn’t factor into anything.

User Tag List