Page 610 of 817 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620660710 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Sweet Tooth on Netflix. A post apocalyptic virus series with some interesting twists and good acting. Not a zombie style shoot 'em up but on a different level.

Site Supporter
    Somebody here recently mentioned "The Tunnel". I really enjoyed The Bridge, so, when the upstairs smoke alarm started chirping this morning at 1:45AM and I couldn't get back to sleep after hauling the ladder upstairs to change to battery, I flopped on the guest bed and ran through the first 5 episodes of season 1. Definitely enjoying it.

ETA: Diane Kruger is cuter, FWIW, YMMV.

Thanks also to the several folks that recommended Mare of Easttown... Really enjoyed that as well.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 06-15-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The big Lebowski.
    Dude.....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Somebody here recently mentioned "The Tunnel". I really enjoyed The Bridge, so, when the upstairs smoke alarm started chirping this morning at 1:45AM and I couldn't get back to sleep after hauling the ladder upstairs to change to battery, I flopped on the guest bed and ran through the first 5 episodes of season 1. Definitely enjoying it.

ETA: Diane Kruger is cuter, FWIW, YMMV.

Thanks also to the several folks that recommended Mare of Easttown... Really enjoyed that as well.
    The Bridge had so much potential to be a great show and I was surprised when it was canceled after two seasons. A rewatch may be in order since I haven't seen it since it was on tv nearly a decade ago.

Finished the first season of Babylon Berlin (via Netflix) and I'm totally hooked. Very well executed detective story about the intersecting interests of warring Communists, various gangsters, German nationalists, World War I veterans, and former nobility set in late 1920s Germany. I'm also guessing it's a treat for those with an interest in World War I era pocket pistols - I'd never heard of the Dreyse Model 1907 or Ortgies Pocket Automatic until watching this show...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The other day I was browsing YouTube and saw that on the YouTube Movies channel they had Last of the Mohicans so I had to watch it. Such a great movie. And also on YouTube is a great channel called the Armourer's Bench and in addition to interesting gun and history content they have a podcast called Fighting on Film where they review movies. And it just so happens their most recent review was on Last of the Mohicans. They had a special guest, Johnathan Ferguson, who is a pretty prominent firearms historian with quite the resume. Go rewatch the movie and then watch/listen to the podcast, it's quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Watched the first 60 seconds of this and it was predictably shit.

L.A.’s Finest

Apparently an interracial Me Too spin-off from Bad Boys.

To the point, and perhaps as evident, wife and kids are gone for three weeks and I need a new series to watch already did The Expanse, Wu Assasins, Altered Carbon…

Looking for something the wife and kids wouldn’t want to watch or couldn’t watch. Sci Fi, violent, etc.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    wife and kids are gone for three weeks and I need a new series to watch
    Bosch just dropped another season.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looking for something the wife and kids wouldn’t want to watch or couldn’t watch. Sci Fi, violent, etc.
    Seasons 2-5 of "Strike Back" (skip season 1 and anything after 5)
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

We watched Red Sparrow last night. A Russian ballerina breaks her leg and circumstances force her into working for Russian intelligence services. Based on a book written by a former CIA officer.

The movie has received surprisingly low marks on IMDB, with a number of reviewers complaining the movie is (and this is a direct quote from one) "disgusting American propaganda". From my point of view as neither an American nor a Russian viewer, I can indeed how one could arrive at such a conclusion - that is, if one were a fucking commie/Russian sympathiser. Yes, it paints a pretty brutal picture of how Russian intelligence uses and tortures people. And yes, the CIA is depicted in this movie as "the good guys". But compared to the Russians, that's not exactly a high standard to meet, so... So what?

Not the kind of movie I was expecting to find on Disney+. Definitely not "family friendly". Also definitely a much better movie than its IMDB score would indicate! Definitely recommended.

User Tag List