Page 422 of 819 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    It's not a TV show but The Great War on YouTube is a great channel for learning about WWI.
    Are you referring to the BBC's documentary series that they did for the 50th anniversary of the war?

It is indeed excellent.

Here is the first episode:

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Are you referring to the BBC's documentary series that they did for the 50th anniversary of the war?

It is indeed excellent.

Here is the first episode:

It’s a YouTube channel that did iirc weekly video news segments on WWI starting on the 100th anniversary and following the war in “real time” . They’re still producing content.

https://m.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar/videos

The information is good and interesting, but there’s something about the presenter Indy that I don’t really like; even though I don’t have a reason to not like him. That limits my viewing of their videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I haven't heard of it but I'll check it out sometime. I was indeed referring to the Youtube channel that Caballoflaco linked. They had a sister channel called C&Rsenal that specifically focuses, in great detail, on the guns of WWI. There are a lot more models and variations than I expected. They have episodes on the Colt and Smith double action revolvers that you may find interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Finished watching the Arrowverse COIE. If you like that kind of thing, it was well done. Good ending for Ollie's saga. Of course, as the Spectre he could still guest star.

Watching a sort of comedy, Martial Arts, fantasy series on Netflixes. Once upon a time on Lingjan Mountain. Mildly amusing.

Watched first episode of "Deputy" on Fox

What I expected: "Dagga Boy: the series"

What I got: seemingly an East Coast urban (liberal?) screenwriter's version of what a "rough and tumble" sheriff would be like.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Watched 1917 this evening, fantastic story telling, was not disappoint. If you see one movie in the theater this year make it this one, this story deserves to be seen on a big screen.

Started the first two episodes of Yellowstone last night, still deliberating my verdict. Hard to not like something with horses and guns and helicopters and Montana and a leading character that likes to screw, but there have been a couple of things that I am not quite sure about yet.

Site Supporter
    Dragnet 1968 with Friday and Gannon. I watch the reruns. In this story, the pair were expecting trouble. Gannon checked out an Ithaca Model 37 and 5 rounds of buckshot. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Dragnet 1968 with Friday and Gannon. I watch the reruns. In this story, the pair were expecting trouble. Gannon checked out an Ithaca Model 37 and 5 rounds of buckshot. Boom.
    That is my favorite episode!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Watched the first couple of episodes of The Outsider on HBO. Jury is out. We are not fans of Stephen King so not sure if the "paranormal" leaning of the series is going to resonate or not.

"How can you be two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List