Page 400 of 819 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just watched Apache Warrior on Netflix. A documentary about the US Army 6-6 Cav Apache Helo's in Iraq in 2003 and their first combat mission of the war. Lots of real audio and visual. Pretty gut wrenching at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    just broke down a got the 7 day free trial and watched the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Looks like I will be paying for a couple months now

Very much a Clint Eastwood/Toshiro Mifune western vibe
    I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that the actor who voices The Mandalorian studied every line of dialogue Clint Eastwood delivered in the '60s and '70s.

I was lukewarm about it paying for another streaming service, so I managed to ruin the twist at the end of #1 by doing research. I watched #2 last night.

It's fun. We'll see where it goes. The main think I appreciate about it is there are no painfully forced callbacks or nods to the old movies.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    'The Mandalorian' is written and produced by Jon Favreau, a guy who has handled sci fi fanboy material well in the past. It stars Pedro Pascal, who played Oberyn Martell in 'Game of Thrones'.

If anything can unsuck the present state of Star Wars, this is probably it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    'The Mandalorian' is written and produced by Jon Favreau, a guy who has handled sci fi fanboy material well in the past. It stars Pedro Pascal, who played Oberyn Martell in 'Game of Thrones'.

And Javier Peņa on "Narcos".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Finally got to watch both episodes and agree with everyone else- very, very cool so far. There's no mistaking that it's the Star Wars universe but it also doesn't bank too heavily on the past movies.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And Javier Peņa on "Narcos".
    A fairly well known actor as the lead, and 2 episodes in we still haven't even seen his face. That's pretty cool IMO.
    And agree on Favreau, he pretty much always does a great job.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    ... It stars Pedro Pascal, who played Oberyn Martell in 'Game of Thrones'...
    I was screaming at the screen, "don't get to close!" But Oberyn didn't listen. There's a lesson here for all of us.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Ford v. Ferrari: very entertaining and focused on my favorite race. Damon and Bale are both in top form.

The Mandalorian: I'm still on the fence here. I want to like it but it hasn't grabbed me yet. Besides, I was promised Gina Carano and two episodes, still no Gina. Uncool Disney.

Doctor Sleep: it ain't no Shining, but a pretty standard affair. Kind of average.

Midway: I really wanted to like this one, but just couldn't do it. The dialogue is sophomoric and the production is littered with too many 40's cinema stereotypes. Plus, where the hell were the US fighters? The wasn't a single Wildcat to be found. A real wasted effort.

Charlie's Angels: just kidding.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Four episodes into 'Watchmen' and it continues to be intriguing enough to tune in. Racial commentary hasn't made an appearance in the last two episodes, but maybe the show will wander back around to it or something. At any rate, it's entertaining, so we'll keep watching.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Besides, I was promised Gina Carano and two episodes, still no Gina.
    Couple of weeks ago, Elray network had "Haywire" as one of its weekend movies. While the movie itself was pretty predictable, she does a good job playing a bad-ass.

Been watching I'm Sorry on Netflix. Basically a sitcom about a wife/mom in her 40's with a juvenile and crass sense of humor that often gets her into trouble, hence the name. The pilot is a little out there, it calms down a good bit after that. I think it's funny but I know a lot of people won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List