Page 672 of 819 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682722772 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter

We just finished season 1 of 1883. Great series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I caught the first episode of "Vikings: Valhalla" last night. I think it's going to be pretty good. It supposedly takes place 100 years after the events depicted in the History Channel show of the same name.
    Attachment 85115
    We watched the first few episodes this weekend. While the production values have greatly improved, I miss the first season Vikings where they seemed to actually try to have some historic accuracy. Admittedly, I am no expert in eleventh century European warfare, but I'm pretty sure the Danes did not invent the Boogie Board to implement in special forces covert amphibious insertions.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

"Dogfights" on the History Channel YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr7n...HAuCaY3SP-cHcL

I used to watch the show over ten years ago, and I'm glad to see them putting the episodes up to stream. The series documents famous dogfights from WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, and the first Gulf War.

I am continually amazed at the utter balls of these pilots. I'm especially grateful for the interviews with the WWII pilots, many who have passed away since their episodes. They may be ancient geezer-saurases now, but you can see that, once upon a time, they were 26-year-old, fire-breathing, tip-of-the-spear guys; you can see it in their eyes and hear it in their voices. More than once are stories of being outnumbered, far from home, shot up, low on ammo/gas, but today was not the day to die.

My favorite is S1, E10, the story of "Swede" Vejtasa in an SBD dive bomber going 3-on-1 "the hard way" against Japanese Zeroes, winning in spectacular fashion.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "Dogfights" on the History Channel YouTube channel
    Thanks for posting this. I really like that show as well.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I thought that Spider-Man: No Way Home was a chaotic, hot mess. It might have helped if I had seen any of the movies since Spider-Man 2.
    It would.

had you done so, you'd have seen it for the amazing fan-service, with total lack of woke/me-too/political-bullshit that it was.

All of which made it one of the best superhero movies since the first Iron Man.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

and what I originally came here to post...

Peacemaker is really entertaining the shit out of me. Better than the subsequent season(s) of The Boys in terms of fun, adult, super-hero-based comedy. Even the opening dance number is fucking hilarious.

Sample dialog from whatever episode I watched last night
    Peacemaker: If I'm gonna finger-bang you, I'm not using my pinky.
    the subsequent exchange between him and the chubby black lesbian was fantastic.

What I think I like about the dialog is how often PM will say some outrageous, super-non-woke, offensive shit and then the other collection of characters calls him on it and they generally arrive at him being wrong. It's a great commentary on modern society where one guy posts something offensive to someone on facebook and that someone just unfriends them and crosses them off the Xmas card list and never speaks to them again. Engaging with this kind of thing is a lost art. Also, there are situation where he says some outrageous shit, they call him on it, he explains his point of view, and they all kind of have to acknowledge that he's not wrong, or not as wrong as they wish he was.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    and what I originally came here to post...

Peacemaker is really entertaining the shit out of me. Better than the subsequent season(s) of The Boys in terms of fun, adult, super-hero-based comedy. Even the opening dance number is fucking hilarious.

Sample dialog from whatever episode I watched last night
    Peacemaker: If I'm gonna finger-bang you, I'm not using my pinky.
    the subsequent exchange between him and the chubby black lesbian was fantastic.

What I think I like about the dialog is how often PM will say some outrageous, super-non-woke, offensive shit and then the other collection of characters calls him on it and they generally arrive at him being wrong. It's a great commentary on modern society where one guy posts something offensive to someone on facebook and that someone just unfriends them and crosses them off the Xmas card list and never speaks to them again. Engaging with this kind of thing is a lost art. Also, there are situation where he says some outrageous shit, they call him on it, he explains his point of view, and they all kind of have to acknowledge that he's not wrong, or not as wrong as they wish he was.
    Okay I just watched the trailer. Genuine laughter! You sold me. PS the Eagle is awesome.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I’ve been watching 1883. I love it! Any show or movie with Sam Elliot ranks high!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    LuLaRich on Netflix. It's a 4 part documentary about a pyramid scheme company.

Last One Laughing (LOL)-Canada

Pretty much sucks. 2.5 Stars.

It's like a train wreck happening that you can't look away from.

User Tag List