Page 426 of 817 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I binge watched season one of "You" on Netflix this MLK weekend. I enjoyed it, but I'm not really sure it would be to most P-F members tastes. Without giving too much away, it's a highly sympathetic look at a stalker/killer, with much commentary on social media and the current dating scene. I can see why it didn't find an audience on Lifetime. It reminds me of Dexter, if Dexter was more of a villain.(I am thinking of the first three seasons, before it starting sucking)

As much as I enjoyed season one, I am ready to be disappointed by season two. It strikes me as a "great trick, but you can only do it once" sort of premise. I hope I am wrong.

Warning: the fact that folks get away with some very easily solvable crimes scott-free does require some major suspension of belief.

I caught the first two seasons of "Killing Eve" with my wife recently, and it has would be far better as a "one and done," IMO. Fun, but the basic stupidity of Sandra Oh's character is hard to get past for me. Great performances, though.

"Dr. Foster," OTOH, on Netflix, was a solid exploration of how far revenge can consume a couple. Great performances here too, and it is interesting to compare Jodie Comer in this vs. Killing Eve. She certainly fully inhabits a role, and has great proficiency with accents.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 01-20-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I went to play in Mexico City with Diego Luna in it. Luna plays Felix in Narcos.

He' a good actor I suppose, but I am not sure he's the one to play that role. They way Narcos made Felix, and even Escobar, sympathetic characters is not something I appreciate. They were not depicted as good, but there is a lack of desire in modern movies to show a serious contrast between good and evil.

I like Narcos, I enjoy almost no new shows, and the new season needs to get here quick.
    We must have watched different versions of Narcos. I didn't find the portrayal of either to be sympathetic, and the serious contrast between good and evil works in GI Joe but when you're portraying real people and real stories, making them out to be constant monsters and villains probably isn't accurate. As evil as they were, they were human and not some supernatural evil force.

I haven't seen it, and couldn't find much more info about it, but here's a trailer from September for a movie about the origins of the Kalashnikov. Subtitles are a bit wonky on youtube though.

Site Supporter
    Finished first season of Occupied. I enjoyed it - I travel to Europe a few times per year and served with some Europeans while Overseas. Interesting topics tied to demand for oil for modern world vs desire for clean energy, role of NATO, role of US in Europe and impact of US being energy independent, role of Russia as the enforcer for EU. Would the EU really turn on one of their own and ally themselves with Russia if it suits their purpose - in this story they do.

Just rewatched Lone Wolf Mcquade. It's glorious in it's 80's cheesiness. Chuck Norris kicking everyone's ass, the gun play and explosions, and the supped up Dodge Ramcharger with it's Mad Max selectable supercharger or whatever the hell is going on with that thing. All culminating in a final fight scene that starts with Chuck Norris ramming a bulldozer into a halftrack driven by David Carradine and ends with Chuck Norris killing the bad guy with a hand grenade. The dialog and acting is bad, the plot moves a little too fast and has holes like Chuck emptied his nickle plated model 29 into it. You could not make this movie today unless it was a comedy. It's fucking great, 6 thumbs up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Saw Jumanji: The Next Level last night with my wife. Thankfully, laughing doesn't hurt much even given my six flailing ribs (in other words, broken in two places each) as it was a fun and funny movie. Recommended.

After I finished Lone Wolf McQuade Amazon suggested Running Scared starring Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal. This movie is one of my favorites. The acting is great, the dialog is unrealistic but funny and works. Think Santa Clarita Diet but turned all the way down and subtly sprinkled in rather than being front-and-center. A bit like Bad Boys with less action. They did throw in a nice car chase though. The jokes come quick and the story moves fast so you have to pay attention. This isn't really one you can have on while doing something else but it's also a basic 80's buddy cop comedy so it's not like you'd be missing major plot points if you checked instagram while it was playing.

If you've never seen it watch it just to hear Billy Crystal utter a very under rated line: "Habla Smith and Wesson?"
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Watched the first 2 seasons of “Occupied” which is a Norwegian/French show about Norway being taken over by the dirtbag Rooskis and the EU.

I think it’s the best series I’ve seen in a long time.
    Have you gotten to Season 3 yet?

The show is getting a little weird/incongruent.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Letterkenny; if you're not watching it, you probably should be...change that to definitely if you like Always Sunny and other dark, R-rated humor. I dunno what/where the Crave network is, but you can watch it on Hulu...and again, you probably should, it's friggin hilarious.
    I gotta agree with the others, I loved it on youtube but haven't been able to get through an episode of the actual show.

I did see they created a "littlekenny" cartoon that I have yet to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Have you gotten to Season 3 yet?

The show is getting a little weird/incongruent.
    1 episode into Season 3.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List