Page 387 of 819 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

ICARUS on Netflix. Starts off as a documentarian recording his personal attempt to prove that the international regime to prevent sports doping is feckless. About half-way through becomes an entirely different story. Won the 2018 Academy Award for Best Documentary. Fascinating film-making. Recommended.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

After the disappointment of watching John Wick 3 with my son I wanted him to see something good. I asked him if he had seen Collateral or Man on Fire. Negative on both so two nights ago we watched Collateral and he enjoyed it. Last night we watched Man on Fire and again he enjoyed it. Both are good enough that I enjoyed re-watching them but watching with my son made them all the better.

Man on Fire (the Denzel remake) is one of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Sturgill Simpson presents Sound and Fury is on Netflix. I have managed to not hear of this guy until he popped up on Joe Rogan's podcast this week. Based on what I heard, I decided to give the Netflix special a listen. Apparently it's nothing like his previous stuff, but I like it. I looked up some of his old stuff too and liked some, but not all. I'm not a huge country fan, but do like twangy, nasally bluegrass and some of his work loosely fits that description.

BTW, if you like Manga and Japanese animation, you'll like Sound and Fury.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Man on Fire (the Denzel remake) is one of my favorites.
    Yep. Mine too!

I have been watching Tin Star on Amazon. There are a lot of twists and turns, almost like they are making it up as they go, but it has kept my attention through season 1 and most of season 2 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Yep. Mine too!

I have been watching Tin Star on Amazon. There are a lot of twists and turns, almost like they are making it up as they go, but it has kept my attention through season 1 and most of season 2 so far.
    I really like Roth but I found that series unwatchable.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Watching Operation Red Sea on Netflix. Chinese Navy against Red Sea pirates from Somalia. Pretty neat look at Chinese ships and guns. Their special forces guys are kind of John Wick - oid. Tough shots on hostages takes, slow motion hits on head shots. Good graphics.

See how it goes.

Wife and I are currently watching Unbelievable on Netfilx. Liking it so far.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Domino on Netflix. It has Jamie Lanister and Melisandre from Game of Thrones. Hard pass on this one.

Unlocked also on Netflix. Orlando Bloom and Noomi Rapice are in it. I enjoyed it, but then again I like just about anything with her in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Sturgill Simpson presents Sound and Fury is on Netflix. I have managed to not hear of this guy until he popped up on Joe Rogan's podcast this week. Based on what I heard, I decided to give the Netflix special a listen. Apparently it's nothing like his previous stuff, but I like it. I looked up some of his old stuff too and liked some, but not all. I'm not a huge country fan, but do like twangy, nasally bluegrass and some of his work loosely fits that description.

BTW, if you like Manga and Japanese animation, you'll like Sound and Fury.

Chris
    We are huge Sturgill fans, from before this album, and before the one before that. The new album is definitely a change, but after a couple of listening I really like it. Can’t wait to watch the cartoon.

We saw him live at the Newport Folk Fest last year and he shredded his ass off. My top #1 performance at Newport I’ve ever seen in 5 times going.

User Tag List