Page 530 of 818 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Dammit. I've been so wrapped up in New Job (favorite thing: people call up because their drug dealer shorted them, and I am awesome at playing along) that I totally forgot there was a new season of Archer. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to get the FX app working on the new TV.

In other news, Fargo Season 4 drops this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    ...(favorite thing: people call up because their drug dealer shorted them, and I am awesome at playing along)...
    Wait... what, now?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My roomie got a free year of Apple TV when she got a new phone. We've been watching Ted Lasso. It's pretty good.
    Thanks for making us aware of this, @Stephanie B.
    We’ve watched it the last few nights and are 5 episodes in now.
    It’s about an American college football coach who, for vague reasons (revealed a bit in the first few episodes), is hired to be the manager of an English professional football (soccer) club.
    I know it sounds odd, but go with it. It’s very well written, with lots of characters who are good, if flawed, human beings.

Two thumbs up from the Gyro household.

Watched “The Social Dilemma” on Netflix last night and it really opened my eyes to the tech industry at large and how much information we willingly give these companies each and every day. Scary stuff. It’s a must watch.
    Shoot more, post less...

Watched the first episode of Away. It was... not promising. (The best possible crew for a three year mission NASA and other space agencies could put together are at their throats that badly on what, day three? Yup, they're dead.) I hope that the writing will improve, but I'm not feeling very optimistic.

Endeavour on MASTERPIECE on PBS and streaming on Amazon Prime. Wife and I love it and are watching all 8 seasons.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Endeavour on MASTERPIECE on PBS and streaming on Amazon Prime. Wife and I love it and are watching all 8 seasons.
    The wife and I are into all those British mysteries. Midsomer Murders kicked us off, Endeavor, Granchester, and I can't even remember them all now. The library has several seasons of "Inspector Morris." Even though an older show, it is Endeavor in his later years.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Watched the first episode of Away. It was... not promising. (The best possible crew for a three year mission NASA and other space agencies could put together are at their throats that badly on what, day three? Yup, they're dead.) I hope that the writing will improve, but I'm not feeling very optimistic.
    After watching three eps with my wife, my opinion was a bit more positive than after the first one, but only a little. Well done for what it is, but other than the special effects, it isn't aiming all that high.

Lovecraft Country has turned out pretty much like I thought it would: a mixed bag, but worth watching for its original ways of playing around with old SF tropes. The latest ep was the best so far, IMO, with the most complete story in one episode. Some have been thin.

Raised by Wolves has been a show I like more with each episode. The straw atheist vs. straw theist plot could have gone way wrong, but it has been handled better than I expected. I imagine I will be watching this one into it's already announced second season. My main complaint is that it takes a while to get to a point---and there are some huge plot holes. But it pays off well when it pays off.

The Vow is a great colse-up look at how a cult works. Gets a little confusing chronologically sometimes, but great to show anyone in a High Control Group. I have never seen such excellent examples of how a cult leader manipulates successful people--good thing Raniere was such an egomaniac he encouraged taping of his every word. The way he destroys Alison Mack's basis for self-esteem in the name of empowering her within a few minutes of meeting her is a classic of sorts.

"Challenger: the Final Flight" on Netflix seems well done for the first two eps. Nostalgia and learning all in one.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    The wife and I are into all those British mysteries. Midsomer Murders kicked us off, Endeavor, Granchester, and I can't even remember them all now. The library has several seasons of "Inspector Morris." Even though an older show, it is Endeavor in his later years.
    I believe you mean "Inspector Morse". And a spin-off "Inspector Lewis" was also available.

I enjoy them somewhat, but they are a bit out there.

A must see is "Prime Suspect" with Helen Mirren. The British equivalent of "The Wire"...imho. It's very good.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I believe you mean "Inspector Morse". And a spin-off "Inspector Lewis" was also available.

I enjoy them somewhat, but they are a bit out there.

A must see is "Prime Suspect" with Helen Mirren. The British equivalent of "The Wire"...imho. It's very good.
    I believe you are correct. I haven't seen "Prime Suspect, but love Helen Mirren." Don't recall seeing it advertised on Local PBS. I'll check Netflix and Hulu. (The are only premium channels I have access to at the moment.) I'll also check to see if it's available on DVD at the library.

User Tag List