Page 122 of 819 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Dunkirk. Two thumbs up. There were a couple of clinkers in it, but only one was awful.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Watched "Hacksaw Ridge" this evening. Good film and excellent story.

The bravery depicted is humbling to say the least.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Saw Dunkirk tonight. I think my Grandaughter could have done a better job splicing scenes together for a coherent storyline on her kiddie-Kindle. How they let that quatsch loose on the public in its current form is beyond me.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I've watched every war movie ever and that one was a difficult watch. No shame I teared up toward the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Watched it today. Reminded me of when I was a kid, watching some war movie or something with my dad, and there must have been a conscientious objector portrayed. He very rarely talked about that stuff but seemed to need to explain "we had guys like that, they weren't cowards, they just wouldn't fight. " with a tone that conveyed respect but also confusion. IIRC, he was in two amphibious landings during WWII, one of which was Okinawa.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Watched it today. Reminded me of when I was a kid, watching some war movie or something with my dad, and there must have been a conscientious objector portrayed. He very rarely talked about that stuff but seemed to need to explain "we had guys like that, they weren't cowards, they just wouldn't fight. " with a tone that conveyed respect but also confusion. IIRC, he was in two amphibious landings during WWII, one of which was Okinawa.
    I think your dad had it right. Frankly, I find it difficult to imagine how Doss was able to run with the set of stones he was carrying.

Paid to see Valerian last weekend. If you haven't seen it, but are interested, wait until it comes out on Netflix or something. I didn't know any of the comic book, er uh, graphic novel background of the characters prior to seeing the movie and still don't. I guess if you are aware of the story line, and enjoy it... sure, go see it. Otherwise, use the money to buy ammo and head to the range. I wish I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Paid to see Valerian last weekend. If you haven't seen it, but are interested, wait until it comes out on Netflix or something. I didn't know any of the comic book, er uh, graphic novel background of the characters prior to seeing the movie and still don't. I guess if you are aware of the story line, and enjoy it... sure, go see it. Otherwise, use the money to buy ammo and head to the range. I wish I had.
    That's what I thought and was going to do.

I read the comics when I was a kid (back then even this serie wasn't called a graphic novel), and while amazing for the drawings and the colors, the stories were meh, and the hero (Valerian) got on my nerves for reasons I don't remember.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

12/22/17 release date. If I am not mistaken this is the plot of a book. I don't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure I read in highschool.

Anyway, when you see Smith shooting his Glock he gets a brass to the face, which makes me think they were using real guns and blanks, unless the CGI guys have shot gen4's...

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I watched "Snowden" this evening (Showtime). Interesting film on a variety of levels.

User Tag List