Page 454 of 819 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    The crazy part is that I wasn't using my phone when I posted - I was using my tablet, which "corrects" words, sometimes subbing the wrong one, or like it did here, leaving out a word - in this case, say. I THOUGHT I posted: Funny you should say that. It deleted say and I missed the drop.
    Don't let me use your tablet either. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The new Dracula show on Netflix.

I didn't like it much for the first 15 minutes but it gets much better. Dracula is an A-hole and there is some very dark humor.
    I feel this post doesn't quite emphasize sufficiently how good at least the first episode is. Seriously folks, watch this! The beginning feels like a remake of the Bram Stoker's film that doesn't match up to the original, but it gets much, much better. The atheist nun with a sharp tongue has some hilarious lines. And this version of the story shows much more viscerally than most just how evil Dracula is. Like Greg said, he's a right bastard in this movie / episode.
    Last edited by That Guy; 04-10-2020 at 06:33 AM. Reason: forgot a whole word. :p

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I feel this post doesn't quite emphasize sufficiently how good at least the first episode is. Seriously folks, watch this! The beginning feels like a remake of the Bram Stoker's film that doesn't match up to the original, but it gets much, much better. The atheist nun with a sharp tongue has some hilarious lines. And this version of the story shows much more viscerally than most just how evil Dracula is. Like Greg said, he's a right bastard in this movie / episode.
    Yup. I watched it some time ago and really enjoyed it. The nun is a hoot. Dracula is a bastard.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Yup. I watched it some time ago and really enjoyed it. The nun is a hoot. Dracula is a bastard.

Chris
    Just watched Episode 1 last night. Really digging this series, despite having low expectations at the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I delve further in to the depths of netflix...

The 100. Turns out this was hot stuff about 5 years ago. Season 7 has a 2020 release date but no info on IMDB . The mid seasons have been a great Covid companion.

It's a post-nuclear apocalypse teen drama.
    The last remaining survivors of the above nuke strikes were the members of the international space stations. The show starts 97 years later, The ISS leadership figures out that their air supply is is failing so they send 100; 16 year old juvenile offenders on a drop ship to check if the Earth is viable to support the rest of humanity. Pockets of survivors on earth begin to appear each with different cultures and levels of civilizations. Hilarity ensues.

The first 3/4s of the first season is a bear to get through. Bad writing, bad acting, terrible characters, bad science, by the numbers teen drama stuff, the gun handling. The entire first season could have been done with a well equipped 20 man team with supplies and a radio.

The overall plot does become more interesting later on if only because it borrows heavily from much better shows, the characters have grown on me, some of the early season annoying ones have become my favorites. Raymond Barry (Arlo Givens) does an awesome job in season 2, later in season 3 Zach McGowan(Black sails) brings in more talent. The show is surprisingly dark at times with murder, suicide, genocide and other crimes against humanity while handling their repercussions. One of the major reoccurring themes is how far would you gave to "save your people".

Some of the character stories became repetitive, princess in another castle and friends, not friends, friends again type stuff. All numerical issues are divisible by 100.

I did enjoy how all the stories moved forward and the world building.
    All of the characters undergo dramatic changes and not always for the better.
    The intermixing of tribal cultures and science was interesting.
    I am on the end of season 4 now and I am pleased that I stuck with it though it was not easy at times.

If you are a fan of the genre and can make it through the first season it is enjoyable.
    I rate it:
    3/5 coronas
    0 tigers

Finished "Kalifat" (Caliphate) on Netflix last night. The good parts were pretty good. The "suspension of belief" parts were what they were, but not intolerable.

Overall, I think it's worth watching...especially from the point of view of watching how radicalization creeps into the lives of otherwise ordinary folks, and how the threat exists among us in our everyday lives.

So yeah, recommended with some cautions.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Finished season three of "Ozark" last night. Damn.

Nearly perfect and the best season so far. This show is definitely the "spiritual successor" to " The Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad."

Possibly the best last 10 seconds of any season finale ever. I was laughing and saying "oh shit" at the same time.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    The only finale that even comes close to Ozark would be the finale in Justified. The entire episode was top notch, right down to the very last scene as it faded to black.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    The only finale that even comes close to Ozark would be the finale in Justified. The entire episode was top notch, right down to the very last scene as it faded to black.
    Speaking of fades to black...the Sopranos ending was pretty stark.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Raise your hand if you guessed the last line of the Justified finale right before it was spoken. Probably a lot of us did.

User Tag List