Page 777 of 819 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Marvel (like DC) is burning out.
    Wrong tense on the verb.

Marvel and DC haven't put out decent stuff in years

Site Supporter
    Admittedly, I am a big Taylor Sheridan Fan.

As such, I watched for the first time -"Those Who Wish Me Dead."

A solid thriller with Angelina Jolle as a wilderness firefighter, haunted by missteps in the past and her opportunity to save a life in the present/future.

While merely a movie v a film, it was still quite entertaining with the right mix of sadness in the end.

What I really like about TS is his sense of loyalty in that he casts actors in his productions over and over again. This is particularly true in those actors in supporting roles.

https://www.wideopencountry.com/tayl...an-shows-cast/
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I just binged The Pacific. My wife started watching it and walked away. I know I’ve watched parts of it. I’d recommend it highly. The hazards of island hopping against a fanatical opponent are clearly shown along with the effects on the survivors. The sense of loss watching Basilone dying in the black sand of Iwo Jima was harsh.

It got dusty in the room when they detailed the lives of the surviving Marines after the war.

I need to reread A Helmet For My Pillow and With The Old Breed.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I just binged The Pacific. My wife started watching it and walked away. I know I’ve watched parts of it. I’d recommend it highly. The hazards of island hopping against a fanatical opponent are clearly shown along with the effects on the survivors. The sense of loss watching Basilone dying in the black sand of Iwo Jima was harsh.

It got dusty in the room when they detailed the lives of the surviving Marines after the war.

Couldn't agree more, watched it when it dropped & need to do so again, thx for the reminder.

Reptile

Reptile…on Netflix with Benificio del Toro…not perfect but certainly dramatic.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter

I've watched this almost as many times as I've watched Band of Brothers.

In the spring of 1980 I took a Botany class with a very nice old gentleman named Dr. Sledge at the University of Montevallo.
    He organized bird watching outings and botany nature walks on the stunningly beautiful campus.The kind of old guy that putters around with a butterfly net.
    Imagine my surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    In the spring of 1980 I took a Botany class with a very nice old gentleman named Dr. Sledge at the University of Montevallo.
    He organized bird watching outings and botany nature walks on the stunningly beautiful campus.The kind of old guy that putters around with a butterfly net.
    Imagine my surprise...
    Holy shit that’s awesome! How did you find out?
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Holy shit that’s awesome! How did you find out?
    I was at the NTC in the summer of 1985 and my girlfriend sent me a xerox of a Studs Terkel article. It was an excerpt from his book The Good War, which itself contained an excerpt from With The Old Breed, and she sent me that part.
    She was still attending UM, and told me that there was a lot of shock and astonishment. Although published in 1981, Sledge's book was a niche military history publication and UM didn't even have a ROTC, being a very small Liberal Arts campus. Evidently the Terkel article and book really brought it attention.
    Apparently, faculty that had known him for decades had no idea about his service.
    The NTC at the height of the Cold War was a vivid place to read such a brutal account as an Infantryman. I read With the Old Breed the next year on the DMZ in Korea.
    It was sobering.

Just finished Band of Brothers on netflix. I hadn't seen it since it came out and remember it being good, but it held up wonderfully. Action, comedy, gut wrenching emotion - it has it all. For a dramatization it even held up surprisingly well to after-episode googling/fact checking. 5 stars...

User Tag List