Page 738 of 821 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738739740748788 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 8208

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I couldn’t tell you the name of the show but my wife’s been watching it. It’s celebrities and former sport people going through a special operations “selection” process. I saw the were doing the CS gas exposure in a conex box. It was comic gold for a former Chemical Agent Instructor. People completely psyching themselves out before going in the house with Mike Piazza completely panicking inside trying to get out resulting in the instructor taking him down. A couple were studs and did it great. I’ll try to find the name of the show
    "Special Forces: World's Toughest Test" the wife and I watch it.

It's based on a UK show that's in its 8th season
    Last edited by Guerrero; 02-16-2023 at 03:34 PM.
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

My wife and I started watching Vox Machina on Prime. Pretty fun show so far, we're about halfway through the first episode. Good mix of surprisingly effective character drama and wacky hijinks. As long-time D&D nerds, you can see it came from an actual campaign, because it's exactly the way actual people play characters and screw things up.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    My wife and I started watching Vox Machina on Prime. Pretty fun show so far, we're about halfway through the first episode. Good mix of surprisingly effective character drama and wacky hijinks. As long-time D&D nerds, you can see it came from an actual campaign, because it's exactly the way actual people play characters and screw things up.
    That should read halfway through the first SEASON, not episode...

I swear, it ain't even bourbon-o'clock yet...

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "Special Forces: World's Toughest Test" the wife and I watch it.

It's based on a UK show that's in its 8th season
    Cool thank you!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The Girl From Nowhere

Netflix series from Thailand.
    A cute teenage girl on her first day at a new highschool is immediately targeted as a victim by a pedophile teacher. Except she's not a victim... or a girl... or a human.
    Whoops.
    She is...a demon?
    The Serpent?
    John Doe punishing the 7 deadly sins?
    Each episode she shows up at another school as bait for any human weakness. All of her targets are volunteers, they set the hook themselves and she lets them run with it. She'll ask them if they're sure they want to continue, sort of a karmic Miranda warning...and she/it derives enormous glee from their self inflicted travails. No sin is too small, and the punishments can be disproportionate and heedless of collateral victims. The star actress is quite effectively unnerving as the eerily idealized shy, innocent schoolgirl... until she drops the mask.
    Creepy, unpleasant and dread inducing.

Babylon : a beautifully filmed, absolute hot mess of a movie. The actors are all quite capable and the technicians are master craftsmen, but what a fever dream of a movie. Hollywood loves to make movies about itself, it should stop.

Marlowe: such a disappointment. I love film noir and had hopes for this one, but they were dashed. It's a slick looking film, but it seems as if the makers concentrated their efforts towards putting lipstick on a pig. A character of the Marlowe, Spade type should be world weary but thumbing his nose at the world in spite of himself. Humphrey Bograt and Robert Mitchum did it well. Even James Garner and Elliott Gould did it better. Here , Liam Neeson is just tired. After a fight with two torpedoes Neeson comments, "I'm getting too old for this." Yes Liam, you are. It wants to be Chinatown but comes nowhere close.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Watched Vengeance on Netflix last night with the wife.

Enjoyed it. Expected it to be more Hollywood/NYC make fun of south/rural/whites/conservatives but if you watch to the end there's more to it than that.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Violent Night - John Wick-ish real Santa Claus. Kind of stupid but mindless ok fun watch.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Oak Island.....

Still no treasure. 🏴*☠️
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Oak Island.....

Still no treasure. [emoji1022]*[emoji3517]
    That show aggravates me, that’s why I don’t watch it but I predict whenever the big wigs decide it’s time for that show to come to an end is when they’ll miraculously find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List