Page 635 of 819 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Anyone watching Ted Lasso on Appletv?
    Yes. The show is worth the price of Apple TV. Flawed but decent people, any of whom I’d be honored to drink with.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Finally gave Longmire a fair shot. Some of the early episodes were clever but the stories could be hard to follow at times. Seasons 2 and 3 would focus more on a bigger story arc and tone down the individual episode cases to the point where the arc took over. I didn't really like that. I'm only on the second episode of season 4 but if they continue like this it seems like a nice balance of individual case and multi-episode story arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Seasons 2 and 3 would focus more on a bigger story arc and tone down the individual episode cases to the point where the arc took over. I didn't really like that.
    Not specific to Longmire, but this is almost always the downfall of every episodic show that deals with 'cases' for me. As soon as they start delving into the personal lives of the characters it seems like they have run out of story ideas and go away from what made the show good to begin with.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Not specific to Longmire, but this is almost always the downfall of every episodic show that deals with 'cases' for me. As soon as they start delving into the personal lives of the characters it seems like they have run out of story ideas and go away from what made the show good to begin with.
    Yeah, it happens a lot with procedural shows. I don't much like it for the most part but it draws people in and keeps them tuning in week-to-week. LA's finest went way overboard with everyone's back stories and that was my biggest problem with that show. I could put everything else aside but having 2-3 story arcs plus that week's case was too much. I also didn't like how iZombie started leaning really hard on the story arc and then the arc went off the rails. Especially considering how unique the premise of the show was. Hell, even My Name is Earl did it.

Season 4 of Longmire wraps up the original arc by episode 3 I think it was and gets back to it's procedural roots pretty much. At least for the couple episodes I've seen in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The Schumacher documentary on Netflix was quite good. Heartfelt.

I'm also periodically watching Lovecraft Country on HBO Max. I can't decide if it's good or corporate-woke bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Finally gave Longmire a fair shot. Some of the early episodes were clever but the stories could be hard to follow at times. Seasons 2 and 3 would focus more on a bigger story arc and tone down the individual episode cases to the point where the arc took over. I didn't really like that. I'm only on the second episode of season 4 but if they continue like this it seems like a nice balance of individual case and multi-episode story arc.
    It strikes me as NCIS or JAG but with cowboys: "Look at this old guy! See how's better than this young guy?"

Watched Clint Eastwood's "Cry Macho" on HBOMax last night.

It was okay, but the story was predictable. Nothing notable here.

Rosco

Copshop: if Guy Ritchie directed Assault on Precinct 13 this would be it. Everyone is effective in their given roles and the beautiful Alexis Louder is our newest and best female action hero. Far more enjoyable than I expected. Nothing groundbreaking, but a well executed actioner with some sardonic wit thrown in.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Reno 911 and Adam 12.

My two favorite cop shows.

Europa Report is a very enjoyable "Hard Sci-Fi" movie.

An unmanned probe sends back very tantalizing data suggesting life under Europa's ice. A civilian manned mission is sent to explore.

A year out their commo array is damaged and they lose contact with Earth. They continue mission and land. A series of disasters mixed with

startling discoveries pushes the crew to the limits as they weigh the risks vs the scientific rewards.

Very non hollywood. No silly interpersonal drama, just elite pros trying to push the boundaries of Human knowledge.

Free on YouTube and Amazon.

Jane Got a Gun on Netflix. The movie takes place just after the U.S. civil war. A woman's husband gets shot up, so she has to hire her ex to protect them from the people coming to finish the job. A large part of the movie is taken by flashbacks that tell the story of how the woman ended up in her situation.

This was a much better movie than I had expected! Also, Natalie Portman can really act. Recommended for people who like new westerns.

The IMDB reviews of this movie were all over the place and made me wonder again what, if any, value that site has. Reviews ranged from "best movie Natalie Portman has ever been in" to "boring and unimaginative, plot has been told a thousand times". The first might be a bit of an overstatement (Natalie Portman has been in a lot of movies) and the latter.. What?!? While I suppose if you strip the movie down to "war veteran takes on a gang of criminals" it starts to sound fairly common, the movie had a whole lot more than just that going on. Mostly it seemed like the reviewers saw some other movie than we did, or failed to put down their phones and pay attention (the plot and the way the movie explained it in flashbacks seemed to confuse a lot of people).

User Tag List