Page 806 of 819 FirstFirst ... 306706756796804805806807808816 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

If you're a Seth MacFarlane fan, you will love Ted. We watched the series in about three days and could not stop laughing. Feels like the early seasons of Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watched the Marvels, it was a crappy movie as in a lot of these, it made little sense. Which is too bad as the 3 characters were well acted and developed. They needed a different story.

It is time though to ditch Nick Fury - he's become a Joe Biden - not knowing what's going on, wandering around ineffectually. Started with him missing that half his organization was Nazis. So he's still portrayed as a master planner when he is clearly a dope.
    IMO that's all part of the wokeism of the new Disney (and really, all of Hollywood. They brought Chris pine back from the dead in ww84 just to have a male to make look stupid). Make the man look like a bumbling idiot, so the women can all come in and save him.

Honestly he was my favorite, and only redeeming, part of that movie.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter

Monsieur Spade on AMC

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Just watched the finale. It mostly held up. I hope they pick it up for a second season.
    …mostly.

The scene near the end was reminiscent of a formulaic murder mystery where the detective walks through the whole story before telling you “who done it.” And the new “Canadian” character introduced was historically and culturally incongruous for France (or the US) in 1960. But- diversity box checked.

That said, I’d watch another season.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 02-22-2024 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Add program title for clarity

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IMO that's all part of the wokeism of the new Disney (and really, all of Hollywood. They brought Chris pine back from the dead in ww84 just to have a male to make look stupid). Make the man look like a bumbling idiot, so the women can all come in and save him.

Honestly he was my favorite, and only redeeming, part of that movie.
    WW84 stunk - do they ever have research groups read these scripts before production?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

WW84 stunk - do they ever have research groups read these scripts before production?
    And interrupt a fart huffing circle jerk?
    Who cares what the Plebes think? Doing right ain't got no price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    And interrupt a fart huffing circle jerk?
    Who cares what the Plebes think? Doing right ain't got no price tag.

Maybe there's hope now

Site Supporter
    For someone who isn't a video-game person, I've really enjoyed the Halo series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Pretty good action!

Land Of Bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcHOR-V1G4
    Going to see it tomorrow. If nothing else the popcorn will be spectacular!

Thanks!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Watched the Beekeeper with Jason Statham. Ordered it up for far less than the four of us going to the theatre.

It did not disappoint.

Quality High RPM, low IQ entertainment right there.
    Isn't that pretty much all of Jason Statham's films that aren't directed by Guy Ritchie?

I find it kind of amusing that he's this super bad unstoppable action guy in everyone else's movies... but when he's working for Guy Ritchie, he's just a low-level London hood.
    Kinda like how George Clooney is aways a bit of a dingbat when working for the Cohen Brothers.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List