Page 713 of 817 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I feel you.

The last two I watched were Bullit and Dirty Harry.
    Ill put those on my list. Id say there are a lot of good recomenations on this thread Im going to review it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Sick of most hollywood modern movies and actors. Tonite I retreated to Dogs of War.

Starts whistling Spanish Harlem
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Sumo tournament. As I mentioned last tournanment, the talent card is pretty weak nowadays.

Last night.

The Grand Tour, Season 5 "A Scandi Flick". Great episode!

https://www.hotcars.com/grand-tour-a...ince-mongolia/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Last night.

The Grand Tour, Season 5 "A Scandi Flick". Great episode!

https://www.hotcars.com/grand-tour-a...ince-mongolia/
    Concur. I paused about halfway through and will finish tonight. It's amazing to me that they can keep their material fresh after all these years, but they absolutely have.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Ted Lasso Season 1

On Apple+
    A low level American college football coach is recruited to take over an English Premiere League soccer team, although he literally knows nothing about soccer.
    The reason why is a bitter humiliated divorce who gets the team in the divorce from her philandering cad of a husband.
    Ted Lasso doesn't know this, he has marital problems of his own and is giving his wife space-4,438 miles of it.
    Soccer fans, the players, the press and England generally rise up in arms against the American wanker, and he is continually undercut by the owner, whose real intention is to crater the team for vengeance because it's the only thing her husband truly loves.
    But Ted has a superpower: he cannot be offended, intimidated, belittled or insulted, and he believes in people. He is utterly and completely decent.

Somehow, it works. The fish out of water, a stranger in a strange land setting lets Ted show his naysayers that he can't be rattled, and his sincere "Hale fellow, well met!" personality is simply relentless until he wins you over.
    It helps that the supporting cast is well drawn, neither sickly sweet nor mustache twirling villains. Everyone's behavior is generally reasonable from their POV, and they have the intelligence to change or modify their actions.
    In the same vein as Shoresy, although not as sport specific, this is more about the heart of Sport.

Site Supporter
    I just started
    "Invisible City" on Netflix.
    Name:  Invisible.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  19.1 KB
    I'm halfway through E2. There is only 1 season so far.
    It starts out slow and confusing. It's a Brazilian show, dubbed in english. It's a different take on the mermaid story. I was getting hooked by the end of the first episode, and so far the second one is even better.

Site Supporter
    I could have sworn I'd already posted these but I just did a quick thread search and I guess not so...Barry (on HBO). This one's been mentioned a few times in the thread. Bill Hader as a disaffected hitman who falls in love (or at least falls in like) with acting when he does a hit in LA and signs up for an acting class. I was pretty skeptical going in but I've watched several episodes and it's great - hysterical and dark. Bill Hader is fantastic, which I did not expect, and the rest of the cast is too. I also watched the current season of Archer. I don't care what people say, I think the show's still got it. But I've liked all the weird seasons too.

Site Supporter
    Thor: Love and Thunder - liked it. If only when we die, we end up in Valhalla wearing a bathrobe. Couple of stupid parts but fun.

New season of Saturday Night Live - does it stink! Put that show out of its misery. One laugh maybe in the whole show. Stupid and NOT funny political humor. A couple of lines had some bite but mostly childish snark. Looking at some of the old cast members, the current bunch are for the most part no talent.

Site Supporter
    Band of Brothers. I think I can safely leave the "did you like it?" part unanswered.

User Tag List