Page 808 of 819 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Last day to view is 2/29.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Stand By Me

Attachment 115571

Will be leaving Netflix soon if it hasn't;t already. The wife and I decoded to catch it again before it does. We haven't seen in in decades. I'm glad we caught it. IMHO it's Kings best work. One thing I found amusing is that the fat kid played by Jerry O'Connell went from geeky fat to what I assume is hard body hot.
    Attachment 115572

Not being into guys, I'm just guessing here.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

wife has been binging this. for fuck's sake i'm NEVER moving to England. that place is more deadly than Chicago!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    For someone who isn't a video-game person, I've really enjoyed the Halo series so far.
    Just came here to say this.

I was a huge fan of season 1!

Season 2 has been great so far!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Shogun is off to an *outstanding* start. If they can keep it up, it'll be one of the best miniseries of its generation.
    I am very stoked to get into this.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    My vote would be for The Shawshank Redemption as his best and the best movie adaptation. Stand By Me is a close second. I’d vote Different Seasons as my favorite of his works. Not surprisingly both are in it.
    I'd forgotten Shawshank was his. I'd have to agree with you on that one being his best with this one a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Aquaman 2 dropped on Max. Tried to watch it but the first few minutes were stupid. Couldn't see sitting through 2 hours of it. Switched to a travel show.
    I thought the trailer for it looked more like a cartoon than a movie, not even going to try it. Movies and TV today are so bad and almost always the same, oh look another super hero movie loaded with computer animation. Or another female/gay/ whatever empowerment movie/show, it’s all so predictable and lame.

The entertainment field has been overrun with female and gay people and most everything made reflects it. We live in a beta controlled world and our movies/tv shows are 90% geared that way.

Last really two really good movies I watched made by mainstream Hollywood/entertainment where the first Extraction, was disappointed in the second one they went too John Wick with it. And Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Not including movies like Sound of Freedom, those are not mainstream.

I’m finding I’m enjoying foreign films more then Hollywood today, South Korea makes pretty entertaining and normal movies.

Site Supporter
    Watching the Halo series on Showtime, Paramount - pretty good. I noticed the troops in this one actually hit the target sometime, unlike Star Wars.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Movies and TV today are so bad and almost always the same, oh look another super hero movie loaded with computer animation. Or another female/gay/ whatever empowerment movie/show, it’s all so predictable and lame.
    True. Does anyone know anyone who says 'I enjoy TV/movies more now that there is all this force fed diversity and inclusion.'
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Napoleon - not bad but totally not what I expected. Took me a minute but they filmed it like a dark comedy. Once I figured that out it made a lot more sense. As to it's historical accuracy I couldn't say but it was interesting.

Binging The Wire. Season 1 last week. Few episodes into season 2 yesterday. When it was airing i never saw more than a few episodes. Next will probably be Breaking Bad, if i can find it on cable

User Tag List