Page 787 of 820 FirstFirst ... 287687737777785786787788789797 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,870 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I'm not sure whether the screenwriter for Silent Night thought up the gimmick

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    where the main character gets shot through the throat and doesn't talk at all during the movie, and there's barely anybody else who does either

and then came up with the title, or if they came up with the title and then thought up the gimmick. But it's a John Woo movie so it's fairly easy to follow what little plot there is. OK action but nothing special. Don't bother seeing it until it's on streaming and even then probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I'm not sure whether the screenwriter for Silent Night thought up the gimmick

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    where the main character gets shot through the throat and doesn't talk at all during the movie, and there's barely anybody else who does either

and then came up with the title, or if they came up with the title and then thought up the gimmick. But it's a John Woo movie so it's fairly easy to follow what little plot there is. OK action but nothing special. Don't bother seeing it until it's on streaming and even then probably not.
    Or stole the title from the three movies that preceded it.

Side note, the two I haven’t see look pretty good. Will have to add to my watch list.

Tonight, my horror movie streaming group will be streaming the 2012 Silent Night, after watching Silent Night Deadly Night 5. It’s part of a holiday theme, as we’ve already streamed Silent Night Deadly Night 1-4. And Silent Night 2012 is a very loosely / claimed to be remake / reboot / reimagining of the original Silent Night Deadly Night.

My wife and I watched Its a Wonderful Knife last night, and we fully expected it to be unbearable. It was actually better than most Christmas horror movies we’ve seen!

Season 2 of Reacher is really weird! The actor is clearly on steroids, but it’s not clear where he gets his injections. He kicked the front of a car in one episode, and the airbags were deployed(!!!!).

@RoyGBiv I still get a funky feeling when I scroll past Hunter Killer! That was awful.

Site Supporter
    Given the season- Elf and Die Hard were enjoyed by all.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I can't forget Diehard, because it's not Christmas until I see Hans Gruber fall from the Nakatomi Plaza.
    But it's also not Christmas until I see Riggs try to buy a Christmas tree and kilo of coke for a hundred bucks.

Site Supporter
    Watching Reacher - hate to complain, but the super duper hand to hand abilities of the 110th are getting a bit much. Daredevil, Captain American or Green Arrow - Ollie from the TV shows could pull off this sort of thing as they were quite on the border of superhuman. Not these folks. Also, stupid tactics. Take their guns - oh, how about a thorough search for BUGs and knives - nope. But they didn't have them - why? I'd expect better.

Still fun to watch though. Glad his team realizes that Reacher is bat shit crazy with his life style.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Bookended Die Hard with Lethal Weapon. Merry Christmas all at 1214 Central.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Season 2 of Reacher is really weird! The actor is clearly on steroids, but it’s not clear where he gets his injections. He kicked the front of a car in one episode, and the airbags were deployed(!!!!).

@RoyGBiv I still get a funky feeling when I scroll past Hunter Killer! That was awful.
    I'm enjoying Reacher S2... Caught up yesterday (Ep.4)...
    Somewhere around Ep.2 Robert Patrick made a Sarah Connor joke that had me LOL-ing.
    Ritchson could win a bodybuilding competition (assuming he could pass the drug test).

Wife is still joking about how awful Hunter Killer was.. because it was.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My wife and I watched Its a Wonderful Knife last night, and we fully expected it to be unbearable. It was actually better than most Christmas horror movies we’ve seen!

The kicking a car bumper so hard the air bag deploys has been done before.
    https://youtu.be/vlnl96Eq9-Q?si=tyxCRq6MmxmmHBJO

User Tag List