Page 159 of 819 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I watched Baby Driver last night.

The best way I can describe it is as if The Transporter and La-La-Landhad a, well, Baby. Some fun chase/action sequences and a lot more love story than I was expecting (I think my wife would have tolerated it pretty well, actually, had she not be fighting off a migraine). The real star of the movie is the sound track, though.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 11-19-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Watched the first episode of Punisher last night. I didn't hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Watched the first episode of Punisher last night. I didn't hate it.
    Watched "Megan Leavey" with the missus last night. Well, at least it had dogs. Acting...not so much.

(This is absolutely not a swipe at the real life person upon whom the story was based, however.)

Site Supporter
    The Accountant - another in the John Wick vein of super duper shooters on a vengeance ride. Nuance - this guy is autistic with math skills. Lacks situational awareness when the obligatory save me female wants to ...

It was a fun shoot 'em up.

Site Supporter
    I'm liking the new Punisher series. I've also been watching Mind Hunter which was recommended somewhere in this thread and liking it a lot. A few weeks back I worked through the first two seasons of Broadchurch and liked it very much as well. I can't remember if I mentioned that elsewhere in this thread. Netflix has been putting out some good programming.

Finished the punisher season 1.

Good use of characters and very good development of them. I like the guy who plays Frank Castle, definitely has a good range and appears to fit the bill in a few different ways.

But my favorite character is Agent Madani, always on mission, always doing what's right even if it means she is putting herself in harm's way. She's not too bad on the eyes either.

Name:  C3vujd4WQAE_rEO.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  22.2 KB

Overall good use of violence and nudity, little bit out there on the pro/anti 2A/LE stuff, but I understand why they had to go there. Big +1 for the MIL awareness stuff.

Would recommend.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 11-20-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I just got season one of the TV series "Taboo", with Tom Hardy. Never heard of it, but I like it. I'm also a fan of the TV show "Versailles". Oui, oui!
    It is not Death that a Man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to Live.
    Marcus Aurelius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Finished the punisher season 1.

Good use of characters and very good development of them. I like the guy who plays Frank Castle, definitely has a good range and appears to fit the bill in a few different ways.

But my favorite character is Agent Madani, always on mission, always doing what's right even if it means she is putting herself in harm's way. She's not too bad on the eyes either.

Name:  C3vujd4WQAE_rEO.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  22.2 KB

Overall good use of violence and nudity, little bit out there on the pro/anti 2A/LE stuff, but I understand why they had to go there. Big +1 for the MIL awareness stuff.

Would recommend.
    Just finished my self. Can't say it better than above. Good show.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 11-21-2017 at 08:33 AM.

The new Punisher show isn’t awful but some of the vet/mil crap is just plain wrong. Not everyone is a functional psychopath nor ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Some of the way they paint vets and gun owners is way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    The new Punisher show isn’t awful but some of the vet/mil crap is just plain wrong. Not everyone is a functional psychopath nor ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Some of the way they paint vets and gun owners is way over the top.
    That's called "Hollywood."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List