Page 600 of 812 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    I finally watched The Road. About the only positive thing I took from it is a reminder to not take things (community for example) for granted.

Bleak film.

I had the misfortune to have Chad on TV as I sat reading a book. I became morbidly curious to see how effed up it would become. Needless to say, won't be watching it again. Creeped me out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I had the misfortune to have Chad on TV as I sat reading a book. I became morbidly curious to see how effed up it would become. Needless to say, won't be watching it again. Creeped me out.
    I've recorded about 4 episodes, but haven't watched them yet. I watched the previews and kept thinking, "That little dude is a girl." I looked up the IMDB and confirmed that not only is she a girl, she a pretty decent looking one.
    Name:  Chad.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  9.8 KB
    So, I set up a series recording. I probably won't get past the first one but if it does surprise me, I'll have them.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    We just stumbled on The Chosen (https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen) -- it came out in '17 but a second season is supposed to be near release.

We thought it was fantastic; we have binged it twice now, and some episodes may get a third watch.

It was put together by evangelicals, but we didn't find anything to quibble with as Catholics (we haven't watched the pilot, which I understand has a flaw). It is, unsurprisingly, pretty pro-Jesus, so if that bugs you it might get in your way, but I would suggest a watch for most because of the quality of writing and acting. In particular, the portrayal of Matthew is worth the whole series.
    Just started Season 2. We loved season 1. There is also a Christmas vignette unrelated to the story line that was on their website.

Really hoping they bring back Gaius the Roman centurion from season one.

Coming up on the end of season 5 of The Expanse. Pretty much bonged the e tore 5 seasons while wife and kids are away for the last 10 days, watching a couple of episodes a night. Totally loving the show, and as I understand it they will have a sixth and final season to wrap things up.

Started watching after seeing it mentioned in this thread a few times, so thanks to everyone that suggested it!

Took me a couple of seasons, but I think that in my mind it’s like a mashup of the Battelstar Galactica series reboot and Altered Carbon.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Just started Season 2. We loved season 1. There is also a Christmas vignette unrelated to the story line that was on their website.
    We’re on S2E3. It delivers. I noticed Apple TV now has it for sale; I’m amazed they haven’t canceled it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Didn't like Mortal Kombat. Seems to me a squad of highly trained, heavily armed modern soldiers good have taken out the bad guys' team fairly quickly. None had Superman level invulnerability to kinetic damage. For example, four armed guy took a hit from an axe. So you could shoot the crap out of him. Flying bird girl, got taken by a hat. How about a shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Didn't like Mortal Kombat. Seems to me a squad of highly trained, heavily armed modern soldiers good have taken out the bad guys' team fairly quickly.
    Yeah... I just watched Braven on Netflix. I can understand that you maybe only have one bolt action rifle you leave in your in your remote cabin (that woulda been stolen a few minutes after you left it there), but when you manage to take out one of the overwhelming opposing bad guy force if you scoop up their weapons then maybe ya won't need to keep inventing ways to protect your family that involve ATV winches and archery...

Watched it all the way through, but riding a stationary bike elevates my tolerance for the inane, I just want it to be over (the movie and the exercise...).

So......this weekend was......

John Wick
    John Wick 2
    John Wick 3

Not much else to say.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

This weekends movies were:

Without Remorse

There's already a separate discussion about the movie here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....il-30th/page11 So just a quick recap, a pretty dumb plot and casting, okay as a silly spy thriller.

La femme Wick... Err, sorry, I mean Anna

The Soviet KGB recruits a female drug addict and sends her to Paris under the cover of being a fashion model. A body count in the triple digits ensues.

Er, okay, so... Pros? Cute blonde, lots of entirely unrealistic action scenes. (Keanu Reeves' career most definitely has a rather heavy influence on this movie.) Girlfriend pointed out that for once the role of the fashion model was played by someone who could actually be one, so yay for casting. Negatives? The whole thing is just so stupid. I mean, the music would place the events in the 90's, the tech is late 90's at the earliest (And have you ever actually tried getting something out of, for example, an early naughties NT4 box using a USB drive? Sure the machine has a USB port, but it ain't exactly as easy as just sticking a thumb drive in it... You have to somehow get the driver for that particular drive onto and installed into the computer first.), everybody including the KGB and a drug addict prostitute in Moscow uses ThinkPads, the KGB seems to have seriously liked using Beretta 92's... Not to mention the massive body count. (That first mission... Who goes to a cafe with 50 bodyguards? What do the logistics of something like that even look like, and at that point what's the point? How did they find room for the regular customers?) So, yeah. Do make sure your brain is in the full off position before clicking play. But as a fusion of La femme Nikita and John Wick, it ain't bad. Worth the watch if you liked the Wick movies and have nothing better to do.

Written and directed by Luc Besson, who is old enough to remember when the Soviet Union collapsed and what kind of technology was in use then.

User Tag List