Page 516 of 819 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Waiting for the Barbarians

So the movie looked good on paper. Johnny Depp was in it, but I knew that he has taken some strange roles lately.

Bottom line, I couldn't complete the movie. To me it was a torture flick. If your a sadist rent this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pacifist, I enjoy a good movie about someone minding their own business and they are forced to take action to defend themselves or their family. But this movie turned my stomach and I quit watching it about half way through.

There was also some weird foot fetish shit in this movie that did nothing for me.

Strange one indeed, big pass for me.

Site Supporter
    I just caught a show on Netflix titled "Connections." It's not the one with James Burke. Don't know if it supposed to be a remake or just a different show with the same name. It's a pretty good show. I especially enjoyed the one on Poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I just caught a show on Netflix titled "Connections." It's not the one with James Burke. Don't know if it supposed to be a remake or just a different show with the same name. It's a pretty good show. I especially enjoyed the one on Poop.
    I really enjoyed Connections and The Day The Universe Changed.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Got to watch https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp.../films/reagan/ with the boy the other day. He's 9, and I thought it was interesting that he *insisted* on watching the second part after reluctantly sitting in on the first.

I asked him why, and he said "because I know it gets better." Pretty good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That is as good a critique of the power of the media and selective presentation as can be made in one sentence.

There is no way for folks to know what they don't know without someone standing up and presenting the facts...and even then, there is no way for the lay person to ever know when he's being lied to or being told the truth. That is a frightening reality and in my view the people are truly caught on the horns of a dilemma.
    I believe that media, especially investigative journalism, should be powerful but I also believe it should be balanced and factually focused. The power of the media really becomes a problem when it’s used to push a narrative or political agenda.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I can tell you that was a terrible day back in 1985...one felt by federal, state and local officers all over the country. The following year was the shootout in Miami...shortly after which I transferred down there from NYC.

Trust me when I tell you that a lot of us wanted to get some payback for Kiki. I still feel it like it was yesterday. There have been a handful of such cases that have stayed with me like this over the years.
    What did you think of how the CIA was portrayed? Anything is believable to me. Both the allegations and the thought someone would make false allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What did you think of how the CIA was portrayed? Anything is believable to me. Both the allegations and the thought someone would make false allegations.
    Are you talking about in "Narcos" or something else? I've discussed on these forums in the past how the CIA was determined to be directly involved in a major international trafficking case my partner and I ran back in the early 90's.

This interview with the former head of DEA is about our case. It gives very little of the detail...just a thumbnail sketch.

It was later handed over to OPR for the two agencies after we finished our multi-year investigation and had arrested the traffickers and their confederates, and seized the drugs. We also spun some other investigations from the cooperation of the defendants.

Last edited by blues; 08-10-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Are you talking about in "Narcos" or something else? I've discussed on these forums in the past how the CIA was determined to be directly involved in a major international trafficking case my partner and I ran back in the early 90's.

This interview with the former head of DEA is about our case. It gives very little of the detail...just a thumbnail sketch.

It was later handed over to OPR for the two agencies after we finished our multi-year investigation and had arrested the traffickers and their confederates, and seized the drugs. We also spun some other investigations from the cooperation of the defendants.

I was talking about The Last Narco.

Thank you for the reply. I’ll have to check that video out.

The 70s and 80s must have been wild.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I was talking about The Last Narco.

Thank you for the reply. I’ll have to check that video out.

The 70s and 80s must have been wild.
    I haven't watched "The Last Narc" yet. I will be watching it soon.

Nothing surprises me anymore, @TheNewbie. Perhaps I'll be able to comment at a later date after I've seen the show.

I wasn't working narcotics in the 70's, but the 80's and 90's were a pretty wild ride. I last worked narcotics in 2004.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Just recently discovered Absolute History on YouTube. It's a regular TV show, I'm guessing it's originally made for a network but also uploaded to YT. Anyway, hour long episodes about historical things. They have several multi-episode series where historians will actually live as people from a certain time. They did 6 months at a site building a medieval castle so it was cool seeing how that would have been done, and they're doing a full year as Victorian era English farmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List