Page 552 of 820 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Peter Sellers did a movie satirizing voiceovers, What's Up, Tiger Lily?.
    Woody Allen

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Woody Allen
    You’re right, I had Sellers stuck in my head.

Site Supporter
    I just finished the last episode of "The Colony" on NETFLIX - wife was visiting our grown daughter so I have complete control of remote. I liked it. Spoiler alert - the show was canceled so they really did not get to finish the series - kind of left hanging at end. Summary - SCIFI - aliens take of the world. However, very little play with the actual aliens. Story line is based on the "resistance" and the human "elites" who were chosen in advance by the aliens to rule over the human race. A little scary in that the aliens have full access to everything about us as individuals - implication is that they have our "Google" files or similar. Fair amount of gun play, alien drones, etc. I enjoyed it and of course you have to let some of the details slide. I keep thinking about current events..........

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There is a British show on Netflix called "Man Down" that is the funniest comedy I've seen in years.

4 seasons. 6 Episodes per season with a special thrown in now and then.

Like the original Borat - at times it is painfully embarrassing to watch, but I don't think I've watched an episode that didn't make me laugh out load at least once.
    @Greg

My wife and I are addicted to this now, thanks to you. Though I think I'd draw the line at having sex with the old woman Hoovering the flat.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I just finished the last episode of "The Colony" on NETFLIX - wife was visiting our grown daughter so I have complete control of remote. I liked it. Spoiler alert - the show was canceled so they really did not get to finish the series - kind of left hanging at end. Summary - SCIFI - aliens take of the world. However, very little play with the actual aliens. Story line is based on the "resistance" and the human "elites" who were chosen in advance by the aliens to rule over the human race. A little scary in that the aliens have full access to everything about us as individuals - implication is that they have our "Google" files or similar. Fair amount of gun play, alien drones, etc. I enjoyed it and of course you have to let some of the details slide. I keep thinking about current events..........
    It looked like it had potential, so I watched the first season.

I-literally-could not get past the 2 leads: the guy who kept tossing his hair like a blonde bimbo, and his wife(who also stunk up The Walking Dead) who comes off as a

strident bitch. After the first season I gave up.

"60 Days In" popped up on my Netflix feed, so I've been watching season 5. For those who haven't seen the show, a half dozen folks off the street volunteer to go to jail for 60 days and spy on the inmates.

Jumping Jeebus. I've worked a tiny bit in correctional facilities and I hated it. It boggles the mind that some people will willingly incarcerate themselves for 60 days. And in the role of a snitch, no less, in a jail that appears to have some serious violence on occasion.

Good TV though.

Last movie I watched was that live-action pokemon detective movie. Not going to lie, I didn't hate it. I just waiting for next year though for movies, TV, etc. They cancelled a bunch of crap this year I wanted to see. Next year is going to be nice for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    "To The Lake" is a Russian miniseries picked up by Netflex about a pandemic that's causing people to get sick and act like zombies. It's not totally terrible, but suffers from the problem most zombie apocalypse media suffers from: zombies aren't the real problem, it's the infighting and the results of the often idiotic decisions by various members of the group of post-apocalyptic survivors that cause most of the problems. I'm half done with it so I'll probably finish it, but I'm sort of "meh" on recommending it.
    It took me a while to finish it, like one episode every 3 or 4 days or something. It wasn't terrible in one hour doses, but it wasn't binge-able.

There's a Dutch series on Netflix called Undercover that's the same way.

I'm a few episodes into No Man's Land on Hulu and it's not bad. Since 2001, we've been absolutely beat over the head with movies and shows about middle eastern *George W voice turrorism. I've grown quite tired of them. NML has a different vibe though, plus Kurdish chicks with AKs.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Wife and I are five episodes into the Animaniacs reboot and I'm happy to say it's everything it should be. It feels perfect for the moment: their updated theme song references pronoun neutrality, ethnical diversity, and trolling in a self-aware way I think only Animaniacs could pull off. I have high hopes this reboot will be popular enough to keep going.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List