Page 720 of 817 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been rewatching Strike Back. It’s still as funny and over the top as I remember but I forgot how bad some of the gun handling is. I remember it being better. I’m seeing a lot of the main characters flag each other while clearing and characters who are supposed to be highly skilled with firearms don’t hold handguns properly. Still a fun show.
    Absolutely; one of my favorite shows ever (at least seasons 2-5). The perfect combination of macho dudes with guns doing macho things... and boobs.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche. Excellent movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time. It's now available on Prime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been rewatching Strike Back. It’s still as funny and over the top as I remember but I forgot how bad some of the gun handling is. I remember it being better. I’m seeing a lot of the main characters flag each other while clearing and characters who are supposed to be highly skilled with firearms don’t hold handguns properly. Still a fun show.
    I just watched the first episode and it looks like a good way to spend the next week of hotel-room time-killing. What’s the best vehicle to watch all the seasons? I’m not wanting to pay $20 per season on Amazon. Any way to stream it?

ETA: I found the first episode free on Roku tv.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I just watched the first episode and it looks like a good way to spend the next week of hotel-room time-killing. What’s the best vehicle to watch all the seasons? I’m not wanting to pay $20 per season on Amazon. Any way to stream it?

ETA: I found the first episode free on Roku tv.
    I haven’t found an avenue to stream it other than paying per episode or a Cinemax subscription. I have the first three seasons of the Cinemax series on BluRay so that’s how I’m watching it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm long overdue, but I'm finally working my way through the FX series Justified. Storyline, characters, etc. are all great. Really enjoying it. I find I like Timothy Olyphant in just about anything he's in, but he's really spot on perfect as Raylen.

Also started in on the new Tulsa King series with Sylvester Stallone. Being an Okie the Tulsa angle is interesting and they shot a lot of it in/around OKC as well. I don't usually care for crook/bad guy as protaganist/main character shows but Stallone's fish out of water, behind the times ex-con is just enough fun to make it work, so far.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The Peripheral

Amazon Prime, 8 episodes season 1.
    Adapted from the William Gibson novel, the story is set in 2 near future timelines, one in 2032 and the other in 2076.
    2032 is a sort of run down, hyperinflationary America set in a hardscrabble rural town in North Carolina. Chloe Grace Moretz plays Flynne, a young woman who earns money as a Sim Gamer. One day she tests a new beta version of a fantastically immersive sim game. It's so real it's like being in someone's body.
    While in the game she participates in a crime that sets the story in motion.
    In 2076 London, a post-apocalyptic society has struggled out of chaos into a recovering ultra high tech AI enhanced world. There, a Research Institute has developed a computer simulation that allows it to contact a version of the past, and conduct experiments towards some unknown end.
    The sim can also bring the people in the past forward into ultra faithful simulacra robot bodies...that's what Flynne was experiencing in the sim in 2032, and the crime was real.

Chloe nails the part of the tough, very smart Southern girl who is trapped in a dead end life caring for her dying mother and her disabled Vet brother(also a standout). If you're familiar with Gibson you'll recognize several of his running concepts: enhanced humans, the AI enabled future, scarily intelligent mobsters, utterly ruthless cops and the world where crime is not quite art and art is not quite a crime.
    Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I'm long overdue, but I'm finally working my way through the FX series Justified. Storyline, characters, etc. are all great. Really enjoying it. I find I like Timothy Olyphant in just about anything he's in, but he's really spot on perfect as Raylen.

Also started in on the new Tulsa King series with Sylvester Stallone. Being an Okie the Tulsa angle is interesting and they shot a lot of it in/around OKC as well. I don't usually care for crook/bad guy as protaganist/main character shows but Stallone's fish out of water, behind the times ex-con is just enough fun to make it work, so far.
    Justified is one of the best ever. Violent, incredible cast and characters, violent, hilarious, violent, gripping, violent and violent.
    I need to rewatch it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Amazon Prime, 8 episodes season 1.
    Adapted from the William Gibson novel, the story is set in 2 near future timelines, one in 2032 and the other in 2076.
    2032 is a sort of run down, hyperinflationary America set in a hardscrabble rural town in North Carolina. Chloe Grace Moretz plays Flynne, a young woman who earns money as a Sim Gamer. One day she tests a new beta version of a fantastically immersive sim game. It's so real it's like being in someone's body.
    While in the game she participates in a crime that sets the story in motion.
    In 2076 London, a post-apocalyptic society has struggled out of chaos into a recovering ultra high tech AI enhanced world. There, a Research Institute has developed a computer simulation that allows it to contact a version of the past, and conduct experiments towards some unknown end.
    The sim can also bring the people in the past forward into ultra faithful simulacra robot bodies...that's what Flynne was experiencing in the sim in 2032, and the crime was real.

Chloe nails the part of the tough, very smart Southern girl who is trapped in a dead end life caring for her dying mother and her disabled Vet brother(also a standout). If you're familiar with Gibson you'll recognize several of his running concepts: enhanced humans, the AI enabled future, scarily intelligent mobsters, utterly ruthless cops and the world where crime is not quite art and art is not quite a crime.
    Recommended.
    I would seriously LOVE for Chloe Grace Moretz to play Zee and Emily in the movie versions of my books in the "Given" series.
    Available on Amazon.
    Here is my description of both women:
    "For the first few seconds, before memory comes online, it’s like being born in this world, all grown up. A personal big bang where I erupt from nothingness. Nothing much followed this personal creation on my first awakening, but that was several cycles ago. This awakening is different from the first one. I have learned much and now have a history. Shortly after becoming aware of awareness, I start to be aware of that history. I know my name. I know who I am.
    “OK Zee, it’s time to open those pretty greens.”
    I know who that is too. That will be Zack. Zack always refers to my eyes as “pretty greens”. It’s true about my eyes. They are green and gorgeous, an almost startling emerald, set in the golden amber of my flawless skin. My eyelids will have a similar shimmering tint set behind full, luxuriant lashes that are slightly longer toward the outside, giving my eyes a slight almond shape. The lashes are of the same dark cocoa color as that of my eyebrows.
    Between my wide set eyes is the narrow bridge of my nose, which runs to the tip with a slight upturn in a continuous curve. The vertical lip lines and nasolabial folds are pronounced enough to frame and bring emphasis to my full salmon lips. Those lines aren’t wrinkles, they are features. They don’t make me look old, they make me attractive. And my face, framed in the honey almond locks of my lustrous hair is attractive. I know that sounds arrogant, but it really isn’t. When you consider the time, talent, and money that have gone into making me this way, it would be a foolish exercise in false modesty pretending that I don’t know it. It would also be an insult to the time, talent and dedication of the people who have given so much to attain the achievement that is me.
    "

This is an "artificial" (enhanced) woman, but she started as a real person. The only other woman I'd like to see in this role would be Julie Benz. Unfortunately, I don't think she can pull of a 24-year-old.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 12-05-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Justified is one of the best ever. Violent, incredible cast and characters, violent, hilarious, violent, gripping, violent and violent.
    I need to rewatch it.
    Concur completely. I'm no film critic, but the way they tied the final episode back to the beginning was the best seen to date. Plus, they ended the series appropriately, instead of eeking a few more season out it. I would recommend watching the first again prior to the final season.

Site Supporter
    I need to rewatch it.
    This is the first year in several that I haven't watched all six seasons of Justified. I felt I needed a break from it this year, but maybe next year. Still love the series.

User Tag List