Page 775 of 819 FirstFirst ... 275675725765773774775776777785 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Warhorse One: I guess I'll be the outlier here. Overall, pretty mediocre. The production values have very much a straight to DVD quality. While I respect Strong's dedication to the mechanics, he's no actor and never has been. Neither is the girl, or anyone else in this surprisingly boring drudge. Do yourself a favor, just watch Lone Survivor again, if you want a Hindu Kush travelog with guns. Or, Sinners and Saints if you need a Johnny Strong fix. Both are far superior.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watching the Leaphorn series. Pretty good. Like the actors quite a bit. Too bad the books fell about when took over by the daughter who 'shot' Joe.
    Dark Winds has been picked up for a third season. Air dates TBD, after the strikes are over, I guess.

Also, CBS is starting season 1 of Yellowstone on its broadcast network tonight.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Also, CBS is starting season 1 of Yellowstone on its broadcast network tonight.
    Confused…. Is it the first episode of Season 6, or are they rebroadcasting Season 1?

Saturday is usually the only day I have any chance to watch any TV.....

Yesterday I watched 2 movies back to back...

1. Radius - I would say the premise of the movie is really unique and over all it was a pretty awesome movie (Its on Amazon Prime right now)

2. Devil - M. Knight Shamalan movie from like 15 years ago. I re-watched it after more than a decade. Another great movie..... I grew up around around and still live in SE Pennsylvania, and all of his movies center around my area of the country, so I enjoy the extra nostalgia involved with that too.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Confused…. Is it the first episode of Season 6, or are they rebroadcasting Season 1?
    Starting from Season 1.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Harakiri(1962)

An ill-kempt ronin shows up at a prestigious Samurai Lord's compound asking for the honor of committing seppuku in front of the Lord and his retainers, which is a thing that these guys do at the end of their rope.
    Believing the ronin to actually be looking for a handout(and getting tired of it) the Lord tells him a cautionary tale about the last guy that tried this begging act. That man had his bluff called and was forced to commit suicide.
    But the ronin will not be deterred and everyone is assembled...and thereby hangs the tale.

One of the most bitter examinations of the difference between honor and reputation and how both can be used to force(or allow) men to do truly wretched things.
    It's rare for a film to radiate such sheer menace while ratcheting the dread and tension without letup.
    A terrible, beautiful film.

"Red Sparrow" on Freevee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    "Red Sparrow" on Freevee.
    Great Cold War spy movie. JLaw was bringing it.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I've been very happy with Ahsoka. As a die hard Star Wars nerd and Lucas purist, the only real complaints I have is there is a little too much "Girl Power" in it (thanks no doubt to KK's "Force is Female" crusade), however unlike the forced characters of Holdo, Rose, and REEEEEEVAAAAA!!!, the female characters in Ahsoka are established and already loved by most fans. The highlight is that we have been treated to the late Ray Stephenson's wonderful portrayal of Baylan Skoll, the most interesting antagonist in Star Wars since the 1980s. It is a shame we will never get to see his character arc fully developed....

Definitely wanting to checkout WarHorse1.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (Amazon) - Wife and I had a lot of fun with this. Lots of great comedy while still mixing in some solid action and legit fantasy sequences. We will be re-watching it periodically and I hope it becomes a series.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Peacock) - Kids may enjoy, but there is just nothing in here for adults. Didn't even evoke childhood nostalgia for the games.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List