Page 772 of 819 FirstFirst ... 272672722762770771772773774782 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There is a 1950s flashback scene in Ep. 5 with the creepily evil blond guy as a child. There is a revolver in the scene that looks suspiciously like a 586.
    I saw that, too. I wasn't looking as closely as you; I thought it was a Python.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The Lost City with Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. A succesful romance author gets kidnapped because she was a history major in college so she likes to set her stories against real events. (real in the movie universe compared to her fictional novels. Not actually real in the real world) Her last book was about searching for a lost treasure that her kidnapper just so happens to be hunting for so he grabs her to help him figure out where the treasure is. Channing Tatum plays the face/cover model of the main charachter's love intrest across the series of books and also isn't very bright. After learning that she's gone missing Tatum leads the rescue effort despite not having any experience, with pretty funny results.

I thought it was pretty funny. Big production with some big name actors so of course it's going to be well made and the acting will be top notch. For some reason it reminded me of The Rundown without Stiffler.
    I'll give a "+1" to this. Guerrera and I were sufficiently entertained; Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) as the villain and Brad Pitt as the actual action-man (who gets, hilariously, whacked early on) were standouts.
    ― Ennius

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The problem I have is that a few things are drearily predictable. You know, for instance, when they are transporting the bad guy from one jail to another, he’s going to escape. They know, from the previous episode, that the bad guy can get his hands in front of him when he’s handcuffed, so, of course, they don’t chain the handcuffs to his waist.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The problem I have is that a few things are drearily predictable. You know, for instance, when they are transporting the bad guy from one jail to another, he’s going to escape. They know, from the previous episode, that the bad guy can get his hands in front of him when he’s handcuffed, so, of course, they don’t chain the handcuffs to his waist.
    #Truth. The predictable nature of dealing with the Blond Man has been an eye-roller.
    ― Ennius

The wife and I have started Yellowstone(I know… we’re late), it has a pretty awesome vibe and we’re both eager to see where it goes.

Also just finished the latest seasons of Star Trek: Discovery and ST: Strange New Worlds. I’m a huge Trekkie and they’re both enjoyable.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I'm going to go back and look, if my roomie hasn't deleted it. IMFDB hasn't put anything up from Season 2, yet.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    SUITS
    Name:  SUITS.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  12.6 KB

This ran from 2011 to 2019. The premise is a young guy goes to work for a prestigious law firm. What only his mentor knows is that he was kicked out of Harvard for cheating.
    It’s not a serious legal procedural and doesn’t take itself too seriously. A little more than half-way through the first season, I’m finding it amusing and enjoyable.

I find it interesting that as good as it was in 2011, the only three people I recognize are Gina Torres, Vanessa Ray, and Meghan Markle

I have such a low opinion of Meghan Markle because of her current actions that I was surprised at how much I like her character on the show. If this was the only thing I’d known about her, I’d have been impressed with her as an attractive actress.

I’m watching it on Netflix, but you can tell it originally aired on network TV. It fades to black every so often where a commercial break would have been. Almost every time it does, I instinctively reach for the remote to fast forward through the commercial.

There is a 1950s flashback scene in Ep. 5 with the creepily evil blond guy as a child. There is a revolver in the scene that looks suspiciously like a 586.
    I'm going to go back and look, if my roomie hasn't deleted it. IMFDB hasn't put anything up from Season 2, yet.
    You were right, it's a 4" Python.

Paramount + "Star Trek Lower Decks" is fun. Lots of references to earlier Star Trek series, so if you never really watched the original along with "Next Generation" you won't get those. I only started watching "Next Generation" after seeing Patrick Stewart in "I Claudius" and realized what a great actor he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    SUITS
    Name:  SUITS.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  12.6 KB

This ran from 2011 to 2019. The premise is a young guy goes to work for a prestigious law firm. What only his mentor knows is that he was kicked out of Harvard for cheating.
    It’s not a serious legal procedural and doesn’t take itself too seriously. A little more than half-way through the first season, I’m finding it amusing and enjoyable.
    I couldn't get past the fact that any fool with a computer could check with the NYS court system to see if a person is a licensed attorney

User Tag List