Page 800 of 819 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post

"Masters of the Air" on Apple TV seems promising after the first two episodes. This series follows the "bloody 100th" as they incur heavy losses flying b17s in daytime bombing runs over Europe.

It was supposed to be the third installment of the Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg WW2 trilogy, but HBO balked at the ~$250 million price tag after the $200 million commercial failure of the Pacific (which was excellent in its own right but much more critical of the US than Band of Brothers and came out when consumers were no longer buying DVDs).

Apple TV picked up the rights in 2019 and after covid delays here it is today.
    I really want this to be good (maternal grandfather was a WWIIbomber pilot, different plane, different theater) but the “elvis” dipshit is really making me nervous. Particularly the way the previews make it seem to revolve around him…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Listened to a WW II podcast (We Have Ways Of Making You Talk) interview with one of the main guys of Masters Of The Air.

Sounds like a massive commitment to authenticity. All losses occur as they actually did, accurate ground mapping, proper formations, and the characters actually existed.

Granted, there is a LOT of CGI which is certainly unavoidable to film something like this. It is better than average CGI though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Listened to a WW II podcast (We Have Ways Of Making You Talk) interview with one of the main guys of Masters Of The Air.

Sounds like a massive commitment to authenticity. All losses occur as they actually did, accurate ground mapping, proper formations, and the characters actually existed.

Granted, there is a LOT of CGI which is certainly unavoidable to film something like this. It is better than average CGI though.
    The bingo card made me LOL. It's pretty much every WWII movie since 1995.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

ok so technically it's a trailer.
    however it's probably the first movie that's ACTUALLY got me excited to go to the theater, since Top Gun: Maverick.

and can I say, Henry Cavill is no small man, but Alan Richson makes him look... small.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

ok so technically it's a trailer.
    however it's probably the first movie that's ACTUALLY got me excited to go to the theater, since Top Gun: Maverick.

and can I say, Henry Cavill is no small man, but Alan Richson makes him look... small.
    The book is .99 cents on Kindle.

Site Supporter
    Adult son is “discovering” a number of HBO classics- first was Deadwood, now it’s Boardwalk Empire.

It too, holds up.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Finished Fargo. Great show and acting. Great portrayals of a set of weird characters. Dot is a great survivor. The nuanced portrayal of some - poor Trooper Tillman who did not have it to pull the trigger.

True Detective with Jodi Foster - well done also. Waiting for a supernatural monster, psychopath or science produced monster.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Hell Or High Water. Again, for about the 20th time.

Casablanca. The night before.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The new "Griselda" miniseries looks interesting. Anyone here catch it yet?
    We watched it. It was pretty good. The last episode should have been expanded to 2-3 episodes IMO. It glossed over too much.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes of 6 Nations: Full Contact last night... Was excellent.
    If you're at all a Rugby fan or enjoy the inside stories on the pursuit of sport greatness and traditions, definitely worth a "try" ... lol.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81647358

Round by round, match by match, the best rugby teams in Europe battle it out to take home the trophy in the 2023 Guinness Six Nations Championship.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List