Page 583 of 817 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I watched it over the weekend. Decent movie with some good plot twists.

As far as Helen Hunt's looks...Wow, not like I remembered her at all. I don't know if it's plastic surgery gone bad or just a hard life showing on her face but...Whew!

We watched it tonight. We have been watching Locke & Key so at first we thought it was going to go along those lines. Good movie.

It looks like Helen Hunt went overboard on Botox trying to keep her upper lip from wrinkling. Gives her a stone cold face but her upper lip still wrinkles badly. I remember her being quite hot in Twister and As Good As It Gets. Not anymore.

Funny, when I searched her name one of the suggested searches that came up was "helen hunt plastic surgery unrecognizable."
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Just binged Barbarians on Netflix.

Gotta say it was a disappointment. Way too much time on unrelated romance and father confusion.

Not nearly enough on one of Rome's worst defeats.

Amazon has a documentary that's much better, and shorter. Rebellion of the German Tribes.

Netflix portrayed it as a one day romp. The Doc showed the creeping horror of an endless nightmare.

Watched the invisible man last night. Was actually very pleasantly surprised. It portrayed that feeling of being watched spectacularly, Pretty tense from Beginning to end.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Just binged Barbarians on Netflix.

Gotta say it was a disappointment. Way too much time on unrelated romance and father confusion.

Not nearly enough on one of Rome's worst defeats.

Amazon has a documentary that's much better, and shorter. Rebellion of the German Tribes.

Netflix portrayed it as a one day romp. The Doc showed the creeping horror of an endless nightmare.
    Outside the edit window...

Just checked and saw that Amazon no longer has Battle Against Rome: Rebellion of the Germanic Tribes.

But it is on YouTube

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I watched the first hour of "7 days in Utopia", AKA Cpt. Gus McCrae teaches golf. https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Days-Ut.../dp/B07ZDG7N2D

It's nice. Critics apparently hated it for how predictable and stereotypical much of the movie is. I don't care. It's a beautifully shot film that's easy to watch and is wholesome and sweet without being cloying. It's kind of a mash-up of Karate Kid and Lonesome Dove. Let's do seemingly unrelated tasks to teach the sport as the youngster learns from the old master...who's now a cowboy because reasons.

Robert Duvall was pretty much why I clicked on it.

My wife wanted her turn on the treadmill, so I'll finish it up later.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    I'm enjoying Expanse Season 5 as much as the other seasons, though I'm not certain how they're going to wrap up the story in the next two to four episodes and not leave a major cliffhanger. This season seems more focused on the background stories of the main characters' lives before the series picks up. Awesome special effects as always. Without giving away any major plot details, it does look like they're building up to some kind of epic firefight in the last couple episodes.

I hope Amazon taking over production of The Expanse and Jeff Bezos' apparent personal affection for the series will mean more future seasons.
    There are quite a few more books' worth of material for them to follow along with, and it's basically been one book = one season so far. I don't recall exactly where book 5 ended, and I wouldn't spoil it if I did, but you're not wrong about them building up to big things in the overall story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Give it a couple more episodes before bailing. If for no other reason than I’ll have someone else to comment on it!
    Sorry mate, but no. I did watch the second episode, but the whole bloody thing was, to summarize: "okay so magic is real and Mom almost died from it just last night but like oh my GAAWWDD we like soooo have to fit in to our new school and be like super popular because that's like super important". Screw that. All but about five minutes of that episode should have been edited out. Since I am allergic to American TV high school drama, this does not seem like good entertainment for me. So, I'm unlikely to watch this series further.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Sorry mate, but no. I did watch the second episode, but the whole bloody thing was, to summarize: "okay so magic is real and Mom almost died from it just last night but like oh my GAAWWDD we like soooo have to fit in to our new school and be like super popular because that's like super important". Screw that. All but about five minutes of that episode should have been edited out. Since I am allergic to American TV high school drama, this does not seem like good entertainment for me. So, I'm unlikely to watch this series further.
    Ha! Fair enough. Yeah, now that you mention it, episode two was probably one of the worst ones. I still maintain my position overall, though!!!

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Great Escapists (Amazon) - Caught the first episode of this and was kind of surprised it was a scripted comedy, given the background of the two hosts. I think they're aiming for it to be a "fun science" show, even though the first episode was a little light on the science.

I'll probably keep watching, just because I love Grand Tour / Top Gear and am a rabid fan of MythBusters. But if you're neither, and you don't have curious kids to watch with, you can safely skip it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'll probably keep watching, just because I love Grand Tour / Top Gear and am a rabid fan of MythBusters. But if you're neither, and you don't have curious kids to watch with, you can safely skip it.
    I like Grand Tour / Top Gear and Mythbusters, but The Great Escapists was terrible. I turned it off after 15 minutes.

User Tag List